Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Pretentious Pub Food

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I’ve been knocking around Brighton with the Mrs over the last few weeks, who was well up for some traditional English pub food. Is there anywhere in Brighton central actually serving this now? About 70% of Brighton pubs seem to have nothing but Thai food on the menu! Had to go out in the sticks to get some traditional grub. Luckily my mum lives near The Tollgate in Steyning, which hit the spot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I’ve been knocking around Brighton with the Mrs over the last few weeks, who was well up for some traditional English pub food. Is there anywhere in Brighton central actually serving this now? About 70% of Brighton pubs seem to have nothing but Thai food on the menu! Had to go out in the sticks to get some traditional grub. Luckily my mum lives near The Tollgate in Steyning, which hit the spot.
My stepmum lives round the corner from The Lion and Lobster and every time we come down to visit, a Sunday dinner there is a MUST.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought the TOllgate in Bramber was a Harvester for pensioners?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here