Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I've been to The Treby Arms it's up the road from me, taken over by a MasterChef winner.
    I don't remember the food being served up on the back of my hand though.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  unnamed pub.jpeg
Views: 184
Size:  96.5 KB

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Had this with my dinner, £6 at Tescos, i suspect slightly cheaper than your one.
      If you spend £5 on a bottle of wine in a supermarket/offie, you’re paying 37p for the wine itself. If you were to really push the boat out and spend £20, the wine component would be £7.09. A flat rate excise duty on a bottle of wine is the single biggest reason for the discrepancy.

https://www.decanter.com/learn/tax-w...canter-357119/
      2A
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      :
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Good post.

But I would say that sometimes you don't know you're being ripped off until the food and then bill arrives.

In which case you vote with your feet and let others know your experience on tripadvisor.
      Totally agree, Weststander.
      Talking about Nouvelle Cuisine, I can still recall being in a restaurant in York in December 1986 and we were near a large table of hungry Yorkshire lads and lasses looking forward to their pre Christmas office meal. Out came the waiters with the huge plates covered by equally huge lids, then with a great flourish they removed the lids to show the tiniest turkey and trimmings you could imagine. A lot of basic Yorkshire phrases were employed and my girlfriend and I could only look on in horror........we were next! I think the office party probably went out and filled up with good old fish and chips after that. Needless to say, the next night we ate elsewhere!
      Last edited by BLOCK F; 17-08-2018 at 08:12.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      Another one for you to salivate over :

Snail Garden - The world’s best snails in garlic pastry with crispy forest moss, wild mushrooms and wild garlic pesto.

As for the wine :

Salentein Barrel Selection Malbec, Uco Valley, Mendoza, Argentina - notes of blackberry, blueberry and red currant, with subtle hints of violet. The silky palate offers a crisp, balance backed by vanilla on the lingering finish.

WTF is going on!!
      Ask them why they are serving wild garlic pesto in August.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Line caught fish (bollocks) hand cooked and pan fried seem to be on every menu these days just to bump up the price.
      You make me
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidRyder View Post
      I don't like the trendy expensive pubs that, when you ask for Fish & Chips, you get a small battered fillet, and a small pot with 5 chips in. That'll be £13.95 please.

Attachment 99755
      £13.95? ... you mean 13 19/20, surely.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      Ask them why they are serving wild garlic pesto in August.
      Maybe chef has a freezer in his kitchen?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      Line caught fish (bollocks) hand cooked and pan fried seem to be on every menu these days just to bump up the price.
      Makes it sound eco-friendly as well.....if it was a 'line', bet it was from longlining......maybe 50 miles of line each time with 000s of baited hooks, left in the water for days..........still, means it can be 'fourteen and a half' and served on a slate or piece of wood rather than £6 at the chippy and allows Tabatha and Giles to proclaim that they 'only ever eat fish caught by sustainable methods, and we're educating Toby and Francesca to do the same' etc.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Putdown View Post
      Maybe chef has a freezer in his kitchen?
      Uncomplicated and simple British garden food, true to the micro seasons and influenced by the forest and coast, with the emphasis squarely on fresh, clean flavours.

Our menu changes by the minute depending on what the forager finds or the kitchen gardener deems to be in perfect condition - this is a genuine way of running our kitchen.

PAH.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm