Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Companies House issue

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Having a bit of a wrangle with them. Just wondered if anyone on here has had problems with them?

Never had a problem. The couple of queries I have had in the past were perfectly handled.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Having a bit of a wrangle with them. Just wondered if anyone on here has had problems with them?

Had a lot of dealings with them, but no wrangles. What's the problem? PM me if you prefer, rather than post in public.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
As an accountant in public practice I have to say that Companies House are easily the best government department I have to deal with.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As an accountant in public practice I have to say that Companies House are easily the best government department I have to deal with.

This.

Have had many dealings with them, and they’re fantastic. They sort out or clearly explain any resolutions to issues over the phone, all WITHOUT having to go through anal security hoops.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Compared to HMRC who are utterly shite.

HMRC have made it incredibly hard to actually speak to someone, to find the correct telephone number for your specific taxes query, often have long queue times and are obsessive with telephone security (one 'mistake' with their multi layered security levels and your out). Awful customer service.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
HMRC have made it incredibly hard to actually speak to someone, to find the correct telephone number for your specific taxes query, often have long queue times and are obsessive with telephone security (one 'mistake' with their multi layered security levels and your out). Awful customer service.
Not to mention that when you do finally get through to someone they are often a clueless, computer says no, phone monkey. Pathetic.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

The last time I had to deal with HMRC I had a case file opened by the women I spoke to. The next time I called her to get an update and provide some information, I was referred to someone else who told me she only worked part time, 2 or 3 afternoons a week. This other person then refused to help me with my case file because it would take too long to get up-to-speed.

The case in question was them trying to fine me for failing to declare that I had to make student loan repayments. I had an accountant submit my tax return at the time and she gave me a copy of the form which had been submitted, with the "student loan repayment" box clearly ticked. Apparently this had been changed through their online system at some point around a month after it was submitted. It definitely wasn't me or my accountant, but would they accept someone in HMRC had screwed up? Would they f***? I effectively had to admit it was me in order for them to defer the fine because it was a "first offence" even though: 1. It clearly wasn't. And 2. I had a large credit in my HMRC account which covered the student loan payment.

It still makes me angry 3 years later. Bunch of utter WANKPUFFINS.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The last time I had to deal with HMRC I had a case file opened by the women I spoke to. The next time I called her to get an update and provide some information, I was referred to someone else who told me she only worked part time, 2 or 3 afternoons a week. This other person then refused to help me with my case file because it would take too long to get up-to-speed.

The case in question was them trying to fine me for failing to declare that I had to make student loan repayments. I had an accountant submit my tax return at the time and she gave me a copy of the form which had been submitted, with the "student loan repayment" box clearly ticked. Apparently this had been changed through their online system at some point around a month after it was submitted. It definitely wasn't me or my accountant, but would they accept someone in HMRC had screwed up? Would they f***? I effectively had to admit it was me in order for them to defer the fine because it was a "first offence" even though: 1. It clearly wasn't. And 2. I had a large credit in my HMRC account which covered the student loan payment.

It still makes me angry 3 years later. Bunch of utter WANKPUFFINS.
Sadly this sounds extremely familiar. You are able to appeal cases like this though and when they are referred, the individual usually wins.

Can see why you wouldn't bother when they've not actually applied a penalty though. Twats.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here