Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] QPR - End of Loftus Road or Bust?

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
https://www.qpr.co.uk/media/15164/whyqprneedtomove-a4-v5.pdf

Interesting reading from the CEO at QPR.

Essentially, QPR need to move to a new ground or their future looks unstable at best. Problem is the only option they believe is viable, The Linford Christie Stadium, backs onto HMP Wormwood Scrubs, Imperial College and Wormwood Scrubs Park Nature Reserve...

Loftus Road is a rubbish place to watch football but with Tony Fernandes announcing that "his time at the club is coming to an end" are very difficult times ahead for the hoops?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Didn't like their 'buy to success' approach but nor would I want them to go under.

Not sure where the £M's would come from to get them their stadium but if that what survival means then I hope they get it

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Essentially, QPR need to move to a new ground or their future looks unstable at best. Problem is the only option they believe is viable, The Linford Christie Stadium, backs onto HMP Wormwood Scrubs, Imperial College and Wormwood Scrubs Park Nature Reserve...

Loftus Road is a rubbish place to watch football but with Tony Fernandes announcing that "his time at the club is coming to an end" are very difficult times ahead for the hoops?

Screwed over by very rich owners.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
QPR and Loftus Road are like a club stuck in a football timewarp.

It is hard to simultaneously nail the stadium issue, the competitiveness of the club on the field AND foster that community identity that generates fan interest and commitment to the club. Palace haven't managed it and they have the run of South London, so God help QPR who are surrounded by successful Prem rivals, sky high real estate prices and a transient local population, much of the core supporter basis having moved out over the last 20-30 years.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Good luck to them. Great club that has always punched above its weight.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
had a great welcome as a Brighton fan when I had my dinner in the CAFE up the road from the ground before the game season before last. Ground itself was a bit poor made worse by our fans p*ssing down the back wall to the low standing area.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I remember my first experience of flying on Tony Fernandes's Air Asia in Indonesia. On the outward bound flight from Singapore, the welcome aboard announcement boasted how they were sponsors of Premier League QPR, with visual reminders everywhere. By the return trip, they had been relegated. Not a peep about QPR. I felt quite smug on that return flight, I must admit.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Worst away concourse in world football. FACT.

How it continues to pass Fire and Health and Safety regulations I will never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As previously mentioned, they've been shafted by their owners.
It does ring a loud bell, in regards to what the Albion have been through.
I live and work around QPR fans, (of the Goldstone era ilk), and they've been wanting a new stadium for ages.
Good luck to them.

Hammer15

Apr 20, 2016
Montclair, NJ
I wish them luck. Used to work at the BBC buildings up the road and occasionally played football at the Linford Christie stadium, and it is indeed a shithole in dire need of development.

It's important they leave Wormwood Scrubs alone though, it's a fantastic open space and the local community continues to fight hard to stop HS2 encroaching on its north side - it would be a shame to see its south side eroded too.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Ground itself was a bit poor made worse by our fans p*ssing down the back wall to the low standing area.

Were there nine of them? Did they deliberately bang the back of people’s heads on their way to the back wall? Spit on anyone? Just curious.

I wish QPR luck in getting a new stadium; I’d have thought that the sale of Loftus Road would generate a fair bit of the money required to upgrade the Linford Christie Stadium - if they own Loftus Road, that is (@el presidente- do you know offhand?)

I’m amused that the artist’s impression of what the stand in the new stadium would look like retains columns, thus ensuring that at least some fans continue to have a shit view. #tradition

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

is the old white city stadium still there ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here