Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Open Training Session

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Did anyone go today?

I like the idea, and it's great for the children to get autographs and photos (even if it is a scramble to the front).

However, it's a shame the club has stopped running activities in the concourse. The first year they had face-painting, balloons, colouring competitions and ball skills activities.

My daughter is a bit younger than most who go, and really enjoyed these things.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
My daughter loved it. Got to meet all the players, got autographs and pics and hasn’t stopped telling all the family since.

Asked her a few times if she wanted to leave coz of the mass of people down the front but there was no chance she was going. Not sure activities would have pulled her away from waiting for the players.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
My daughter loved it. Got to meet all the players, got autographs and pics and hasn’t stopped telling all the family since.

Asked her a few times if she wanted to leave coz of the mass of people down the front but there was no chance she was going. Not sure activities would have pulled her away from waiting for the players.

Lovely story.
Genuinely one of the best things about moving to the Amex has been seeing the next generation's enthusiasm for the club.
I reckon above 50% of football shirts I see on kids in town these days are Albion and, when I was growing up in the 90's it was more like 5-10%.
I bet no-one asks "Who's your Premier League team?" nowadays.

For all that football has changed and the gap between club and supporters has inevitably increased, these sort of stories continue to warm my heart and give me optimism for the future.
The 'lost' generation are lost no more.
UTA.

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
Lovely story.
Genuinely one of the best things about moving to the Amex has been seeing the next generation's enthusiasm for the club.
I reckon above 50% of football shirts I see on kids in town these days are Albion and, when I was growing up in the 90's it was more like 5-10%.
I bet no-one asks "Who's your Premier League team?" nowadays.

For all that football has changed and the gap between club and supporters has inevitably increased, these sort of stories continue to warm my heart and give me optimism for the future.
The 'lost' generation are lost no more.
UTA.

His daughter's 45

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here