Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] UK wrestling back on ITV

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sunday morning channel hoping and came across WOS wrestling repeat on ITV.

Maybe they repeat it so people get the second chance to see how bad it is, in fact bad doesn’t really cover it, somewhere in ITV there’s an executive who sanctioned this crap.

Possibly one of the worst decisions in ITV’s history, it makes El Dorado look like Line of Duty.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Should be WORST wrestling-truly dire!

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
My mate works for ITV and has just finished filming a new wrestling series which is coming back to ITV on the Saturday evening slot. Think he said its due to air towards the end of the year.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
My mate works for ITV and has just finished filming a new wrestling series which is coming back to ITV on the Saturday evening slot. Think he said its due to air towards the end of the year.

This is that show, its being broadcast at 5pm on a Saturday night, with various repeats.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Very odd thing to bring back. Shows how desperate the mainstream channels have become to get whatever sport they can. Between BBC and ITV what have they got left now? Hardly anything of any interest to most. MOTD is probably the only sport I watch on either now other than the big events like World Cup and Olympics.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Are the Public Warnings making a comeback too ?

Will grannies in the front row be able to hit the heel with their handbags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not the same.

No Rollerball Rocco, Kendo Nagasaki or Jimmy Breaks...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus...frightening(ly ludicrous)

mick-mcmanus.jpg

"Frank Rimer, president of the British Wrestlers Reunion, said: "I am deeply saddened to announce the death of the legend that was Mick McManus, who passed away at 1am this morning. Mick never recovered from the loss of his beloved wife Barbara and lost the will to live, despite the loving care of the nurses at the celebrity home for retired actors Brinsworth House where he lived out his final days. Even the arrival of his old friend Lord Attenborough recently, failed to lift his spirits, refusing all food and drink until he quietly slipped into a coma three days ago."[citation needed] He was 93."

'nuff said....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Very odd thing to bring back. Shows how desperate the mainstream channels have become to get whatever sport they can. Between BBC and ITV what have they got left now? Hardly anything of any interest to most. MOTD is probably the only sport I watch on either now other than the big events like World Cup and Olympics.

European athletics Championship has been, well, champion

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Sunday morning channel hoping and came across WOS wrestling repeat on ITV.

Maybe they repeat it so people get the second chance to see how bad it is, in fact bad doesn’t really cover it, somewhere in ITV there’s an executive who sanctioned this crap.

Possibly one of the worst decisions in ITV’s history, it makes El Dorado look like Line of Duty.

Probably re-introducing it as a forerunner to Celebrity Grip and Grapple in Baked Beans ,presented by Sue Pollard and Biggins, prime time Saturday night show in place of Ant and Decs Takeaway

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Jackie Pallo, Mick McManus...frightening(ly ludicrous)

View attachment 99662

"Frank Rimer, president of the British Wrestlers Reunion, said: "I am deeply saddened to announce the death of the legend that was Mick McManus, who passed away at 1am this morning. Mick never recovered from the loss of his beloved wife Barbara and lost the will to live, despite the loving care of the nurses at the celebrity home for retired actors Brinsworth House where he lived out his final days. Even the arrival of his old friend Lord Attenborough recently, failed to lift his spirits, refusing all food and drink until he quietly slipped into a coma three days ago."[citation needed] He was 93."

'nuff said....
i think they knew they were ludicrous to most people harry , hamming it up was their game , but people like my nan and grandad used to take it seriously :lolol: i took my kids to see some old school wrestling at worthing when they were younger , it was comical watching the wrestlers interaction with the crowd some playing the villain and literally getting bashed by okd grannies handbags , my kids however , raised on a diet of the great khali and cm punk et al , were bored stiff :lolol:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
i think they knew they were ludicrous to most people harry , hamming it up was their game , but people like my nan and grandad used to take it seriously :lolol: i took my kids to see some old school wrestling at worthing when they were younger , it was comical watching the wrestlers interaction with the crowd some playing the villain and literally getting bashed by okd grannies handbags , my kids however , raised on a diet of the great khali and cm punk et al , were bored stiff :lolol:

Exactly the same - used to watch it with my nan and grandad as I spent Saturdays with them when I was a kid.....sure they thought it was for real......lots of shouting at the telly. They loved Mick and Big Daddy (wasn't his brother one of the refs ?) and hated Giant Haystacks and Kendo Nagasaki.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Exactly the same - used to watch it with my nan and grandad as I spent Saturdays with them when I was a kid.....sure they thought it was for real......lots of shouting at the telly. They loved Mick and Big Daddy (wasn't his brother one of the refs ?) and hated Giant Haystacks and Kendo Nagasaki.

one public warning !!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

*cough* Kent Waltham, ITV, 4.00 Saturday, mid 1960s, I loved it *cough*. I did have a suspicion it was fixed though, since McManus literally never lost, and he was clearly well over 40, not very good, and an obvious cheat. Made Mr Tumble look upstanding (literally and metaphorically). The demented grannies were certainly an essential part of the experience though. :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here