Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Buying an open departure one way train ticket.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I want to get a open departure ticket, I know I can get an open return, but open departure?
I want to get back to Brighton from Gatwick but because of flight delays, passport control baggage, customs ect
I can’t be certain which train I will be getting so want to get a open ticket buty each site I have tried red spotted hanky
and trainline both want me to specify the actual train I want to be on, can I but an open ticket?

Be aware I’m not a train person, and only have cause to use them once or twice a year.
So not up on their usage.

Appreciate any help please.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Most tickets can be used on any train in the day. Look at the ticket details on the left hand side and pick one that covers most likely scenarios. That’s why these sites list more than one ticket type. :thumbsup:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All the websites give you specific trains but the only time you have to catch that train is if you buy an ADVANCE fare ticket. Also don't bother with train line etc just but it off the southern website

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I want to get a open departure ticket, I know I can get an open return, but open departure?
I want to get back to Brighton from Gatwick but because of flight delays, passport control baggage, customs ect
I can’t be certain which train I will be getting so want to get a open ticket buty each site I have tried red spotted hanky
and trainline both want me to specify the actual train I want to be on, can I but an open ticket?

Be aware I’m not a train person, and only have cause to use them once or twice a year.
So not up on their usage.

Appreciate any help please.

Just buy an 'Anytime day single'. That covers all eventualities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here