Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Disabled Parking At The Amex

el punal

What is the situation if you are disabled and need to park at/close by the Amex on match days? The reason that I ask is that the local rag down here - Southampton Echo, has reported that any blue badge holders parked illegally (on yellow lines or prohibited areas) around St.Mary’s stadium will have their vehicles towed away on match days.

Now to me this action seems a bit drastic and unfair. It has also caused a furore with disabled Saints fans who have difficulty in getting to the ground. The reason for this measure is so that emergency vehicles could have clear access to the stadium. By the way this measure is being introduced by Southampton City Council.

I would like to think that the Albion, as a club, are more sympathetic and understanding to those who have mobility issues.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
What is the situation if you are disabled and need to park at/close by the Amex on match days? The reason that I ask is that the local rag down here - Southampton Echo, has reported that any blue badge holders parked illegally (on yellow lines or prohibited areas) around St.Mary’s stadium will have their vehicles towed away on match days.

Now to me this action seems a bit drastic and unfair. It has also caused a furore with disabled Saints fans who have difficulty in getting to the ground. The reason for this measure is so that emergency vehicles could have clear access to the stadium. By the way this measure is being introduced by Southampton City Council.

I would like to think that the Albion, as a club, are more sympathetic and understanding to those who have mobility issues.

I don't see why removing cars parked illegally and or dangerously is a controversial issue? If access for emergency vehicles is being prohibited then it doesn't matter if the driver is disabled or the pope - that vehicle needs to be moved. I would certainly hope that BHAFC would take the same point of view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here