Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Middlesex (aka Kent) T20 Tonight 19.00 start

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
After last nights wash out which looked like we would make more than 170 in a 15 over game tonight is simply a must win for Sussex , Middlesex are having a shocker so no doubt they will blow us away tonight :wink: ,the weather here is armageddon like but i'm 267 miles away at the moment from sunny hove , hopefully we get a full game and continue on from last night , Delray Rawlings looks like a really good player in the making hopefully he will get a bowl as well as make a nifty 50 .

ITS KENT by the way :thumbsup:

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hmm. I'm about 10 miles away from 'sunny' Hove, and every so often it absolutely HAMMERS down with very heavy rain.......................

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
One of the troubles may be lighting out at sea (forecast tonight) if the umpires see it they have to take the players off. They then cannot start the game until after 30 minutes of the last sighting. This is what did for us at Surrey and Kent away.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Weather very changeable at the moment in Hove, I managed to get out between the heavy showers.
The rain is not as constant now so hopefully if the pitch drains as well as it used to we might get a game in.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Weather very changeable at the moment in Hove, I managed to get out between the heavy showers.
The rain is not as constant now so hopefully if the pitch drains as well as it used to we might get a game in.

I’m confident they will play- forecast is dry from 8pm. Just won’t be as enjoyable an experience in a howling gayle and a relatively chilly 16C. I can see an early curry coming into play.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Hmm. I'm about 10 miles away from 'sunny' Hove, and every so often it absolutely HAMMERS down with very heavy rain.......................

I'm closer and it certainly has been lashing down from time to time, albeit in short spells.

Any chance of a game tonight ? Lashing in Kent today

Really depends on how wet the ground stays as supposed to be drier from around 8pm

I would say at the moment the chances are slim to none

If the game was being played now, even less than that, but is supposed to be dried later on

Local forecast is for heavy thunder/lightning between 4 and 6 this afternoon, so not great.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Yes it is , just checking people are actually watching :lolol:

FFS MODS ammend the title before Trigger shows up cheers .

We're playing Kent. :)

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Tay Kent has 4 letters and you blew it :)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
One of the troubles may be lighting out at sea (forecast tonight) if the umpires see it they have to take the players off. They then cannot start the game until after 30 minutes of the last sighting. This is what did for us at Surrey and Kent away.

Can't we switch the lighting off out at sea. Lightning on the other hand is another issue

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
At this stage, tonight’s Vitality Blast match against Kent Spitfires match at The 1st Central County Ground (7pm start) is set place to take place as scheduled.

Any decision to delay the start, reduce the number of overs or, in the worst case, abandon the match will lie solely with the umpires, who will do everything in their power to allow a match to take place.

Sussex Cricket have no influence over such a decision.

The current Met Office weather forecast suggests that this afternoon’s rain will subside by early evening and we are hopeful that a match will be completed.

Regular updates will be provided on the [MENTION=23532]Sussexcc[/MENTION]C twitter feed. Any umpire decisions regarding the match will also be posted here, as well as on the Latest News section of the Sussex Cricket website.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Typical you say Bumpoo and the Mods are all over it , you want a 8 letter word changed to a 4 letter word and their all out to lunch

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Typical you say Bumpoo and the Mods are all over it , you want a 8 letter word changed to a 4 letter word and their all out to lunch

"they're" all out to lunch...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here