Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970 LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 700
  1. #681

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Change at Barnham View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cucurella, Lamptey, Trossard are all as exciting as Knocky or Izquierdo were, they are better players too.
    Cucurella doesn’t seem to take people on, contrary to the highlight reels

    Better standard or told not to?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #682
      Sensible madman
      Join Date
      May 2019
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      12,454


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      a few seasons as opposed to a few games, as a more recent post suggests the progress comes in waves, we're not currently on a crest . . . but hopefully will be soon . . . the key indicator for 5 years is we're still not progressing in the scoring goals bit.
      If you think Brighton has played without creativity and that the players are afraid of shooting then I think we have very different definitions of creativity and shooting.

      7th most shots per game last season and while there wasnt too many goals, they were usually from very creative plays.
    • #683
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      65,124


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chaileyjem View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We've not scored much this season and hardly at all in 5 games. i know . I've been there. I haven't forgotten. 10 or so hours on the coach to Villa and back after a game with 2 attempts on target sears in your memory a bit.
      But . Do we have players that can score the odd worldie like Izquierdo and AK - then of course we do. Do they do it very often - of course not. But neither did AK or Izquierdo.
      This season!
      If it were just this season nobody would have a big problem.


      You're being somewhat, and characteristically, charitable to the current set up.

      Jose and Knocky combined for 10 goals and 11 assists, over the course of 111 EPL games
      That's from two players who weren't up to the Premier League for various reasons.


      Biss, Trossard, March & Welbeck (tough on Enock, so not included him) as a way to deflect away from the blatantly obvious, have combined for:-

      25 goals and 24 assists from a staggering 324 (three hundred and twenty four) games, combined.

      Twice the goals in three times the matches at what four times the price?


      You just can't hold up Bissouma's 2 league goals from 200 shots as something to get behind.
      I don't care is Messi himself was shaking his head in disbelief, which he wasn't. .
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    • #684

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Acker79 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Mwepu v Liverpool?
      Not sure if MWEPU's goal is in the same category, he did not beat other players he hit a very decent shot (as Bissouma has done twice) with great accuracy. He might be a contender though going forward. I think we should have kept Izquierdo on a 'pay for play' contract to just change the game style , I thought he looked ok when he came on for that cameo appearance last season after he was injured.
    • #685

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This season!
      If it were just this season nobody would have a big problem.


      You're being somewhat, and characteristically, charitable to the current set up.
      .
      OP said we didn't have players that could score goals like AK and Izquierdo . And i said we did but sadly not often which is the bleeding obvious and is your point.
      So i think you're furiously agreeing with me.

      Do they do it very often - of course not. But neither did AK or Izquierdo.
    • #686

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think Argentinian international Gonzalez was the player to step in and take over from the likes of Izzy & Knocky. The club will simply not sign a player unless they have the sort of potential we see in the likes of Lamptey or Bissouma unless they are a veteran international on the cheap (Lallana, Welbeck & Veltman).

      What they are doing is signing plenty of U23 players in the hope we find the next Gonzalez instead of having to buy one for £20m+.

      Khadra, Mitoma, Sarmiento & Longman are all candidates for the 1st team squad long term. We just need some patience I guess because trying to sign ready-made players on our budget is incredibly difficult.

      I think this will cost us a top 10 place this season but if we can start converting U23 goal scorers and attacking players into 1st team players in the next few years, we have a very bright future indeed.
      I totally support the idea of bringing through but then its a question of when and as you say maybe too early for Sarmiento , not so sure about Khadra or Mitoma the former has not set Blackburn alight.

      I think at the back of my mind is that sort player might not fit the manager's view of what he wants i.e. his plan B is not to change style but to continue in same style but change players.
    • #687
      Dismembered macbeth's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2018
      Location
      six feet beneath the moon...
      Posts
      1,978


      0 Not allowed!
      As much as we probably are missing a player with that true 'showstopper' flair, there is some rather creative revisionism here going on about two players who were just as inconsistent and possibly more so than the players we have in the squad now. The midfield do not score enough goals, and this has been an issue ever since our second season in the prem, when Groß stopped scoring as regularly as he did the season prior. Much like our lack of quality up front, this has been a persistent issue that the club, for whatever reason, haven't really addressed yet, though god knows they've tried, and it's one of the things that's going to continue to hold us back until it's solved. My point being, reminiscing about players of previous seasons is all well and good, but these are not new problems and there's absolutely no new information here.
      everything, everything, everything, everything...
    • #688
      Members zefarelly's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex, by the sea
      Posts
      16,470


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swansman View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you think Brighton has played without creativity and that the players are afraid of shooting then I think we have very different definitions of creativity and shooting.

      7th most shots per game last season and while there wasnt too many goals, they were usually from very creative plays.
      I didn't say that and don't think that, just you spinning it to your narrative as per usual

      I said, I believe correctly, we're not very good at scoring goals. 1 per game over a season is not my definition of 'good'
      Graham Potter & his all-passing, no-scoring performance art project.
    • #689
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      65,124


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I didn't say that and don't think that, just you spinning it to your narrative as per usual

      I said, I believe correctly, we're not very good at scoring goals. 1 per game over a season is not my definition of 'good'
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FFC_2EDXEAc6eC9.jpeg 
Views:	211 
Size:	440.4 KB 
ID:	142374
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".
    • #690
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      16,257


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Boring ! ... have a word with yourself.

      Frustrating sure i can get on board with that at times, its more frustrating being decent and not winning than it was being poor and scraping points for some reason

      But boring no way, we are very very good to watch.
      We are competing in the Premier League, and with probably the strongest squad in the history of the club, and yet still people complain.

      How fickle us football fans can be.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •