Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Surely all that means is he's not fit DURING the international break?

He’s not had any pre season and hasn’t trained since he returned from World Cup. Hughton has hinted (certainly not confirmed ) he’s due back training around now from his knee injury ...and if that goes well then he probably needs at least a few u23 run outs before a first team appearance/squad appearance.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He’s not had any pre season and hasn’t trained since he returned from World Cup. Hughton has hinted (certainly not confirmed ) he’s due back training around now from his knee injury ...and if that goes well then he probably needs at least a few u23 run outs before a first team appearance/squad appearance.

And definitely before being ready for international football!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Deary me. All this drama over so very little.
Will be great to have him back training in a week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:shootself: if only there was a thread painstakingly collating all the injury news, and lies from CH, in one helpful place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is the point of reading it if as you maintain it is CH lies?

What alternative "more reliable" source, outside of CH, do you expect to glean more information from by bouncing an old thread on the same subject ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What alternative "more reliable" source, outside of CH, do you expect to glean more information from by bouncing an old thread on the same subject ?

On the same day the Argus has an update which has been covered in the injury thread.
What an amazing coincidence.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
All very amusing guys, but I hardly see it as the biggest crime to bounce a thread called 'Izquierdo injury' to ask about the status of Izquierdo's injury.

Agreed, I was interested in specifically what is going on with Jose too so found this bounce useful.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Brighton players are out and about town very often and speak with fans I thought that there was a possibility that somebody was in Izzy company at some time recently and he had said something along the lines of I am starting training next week or in 4 weeks. CH will have to be more reserved and conservative with what he says and the press pick up on.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
All very amusing guys, but I hardly see it as the biggest crime to bounce a thread called 'Izquierdo injury' to ask about the status of Izquierdo's injury.

Agreed. Jumping on the have a go at BG bandwagon is all well and good. But the injury to Izquierdo seems an obscure one which we don't have much detail about. If someone's seen him out and about perhaps they can shed a bit of light on the severity.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The Brighton players are out and about town very often and speak with fans I thought that there was a possibility that somebody was in Izzy company at some time recently and he had said something along the lines of I am starting training next week or in 4 weeks. CH will have to be more reserved and conservative with what he says and the press pick up on.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?365486-Hughton-and-Injuries-tracker-2018-19/page28

Update on Jose

Izquierdo (knee) “we are hoping he will be training next week (4-8 Feb). He is doing some good [rehab] work at the moment. All we are doing is making sure we follow the correct pathway . Sometimes with particular injuries, if you bring them back too early they are going to be out for a longer period . In the recovery, everything has gone well, there have been no setbacks, but we we’ve been told to take it slower”
Via
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17391904.chris-hughton-rues-the-absence-of-jose-izquierdo/

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Yes. You are (i think) referring to this (collated over on the injury thread). Which predicted at xmas that Jose would return to training at end of January or thereabouts via a fan who had bumped into him over xmas. Not far off as it turns out. PS: the press did pick up on this . Naylor retweeted it. And reported at the time in the CH injury thread (beware of the "lies" contained therein apparently. )
http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...cker-2018-19&p=8733439&viewfull=1#post8733439
https://twitter.com/randall_chris/status/1080852788924551170

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
don't think will have much impact this season now. Even when comes back he hasn't had a pre season and never got going again when came back.

Next season hopefully be alright.

Time for Ali J to step up. Not shown anything yet but hoping can come good

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What's latest on Izquierdo's fitness / injury - likely to be back this season and or make an impact? We really miss him!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's latest on Izquierdo's fitness / injury - likely to be back this season and or make an impact? We really miss him!

Should be back by September.

Luckily CH didn't say which one so technically he hasn't made a mockery of Chailey's honesty thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here