Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
38CE251A-705A-490F-ADC3-C1B10683DE12.jpeg

Izquieedo was signing autographs at the Amex on Sunday after the game. Nothing given away about his fitness or when he might be back

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He doesnt always; however, since the signing of Jahanbksh, he has grafted for every minute he has been on the field. Even up at Birmingham in the pre-season friendly, when he was absolutely awful he chased everything back for the full 90 mins. It's almost like he knows how good the people waiting in the wings to take his place are and that nothing less than 110% effort is what is going to be needed to retain his place, even in the match day squad because there won't be 4 wingers in match day squads when they are all fit

I have never seen him give less than 100%, yes he has been distracted and gone all sulky French on occasion and even charged around like a nutter making rash challenges and complaining about decisions which has affected his game badly. However I have never seen him hide . I didn’t make that many away games last year so I may have missed it if he did.

I have no doubt he is trying to up his game but it’s not like he ever played like he was guaranteed a place and strolled around, even when he was pretty well guaranteed a place imo.

He does seem a bit marmite to some of our fans though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sick to death of Knockaert getting stick, he's our only ever constant threat and player that tries to make something happen.

Sometimes it does not come off or he over plays but Christ we would be a far duller side without him

He throws a strop from time to time, big deal its because he bloody cares.

Anybody who thinks our side is better without him knows **** all about football
This.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Let's not get carried away with March, he did his job defensively but Murray's clever finish meant he got an assist. It was hardly an inspired ball into the box and there's nothing else of an attacking note you can say about his game on sunday. He did the job required in that particular game, having been AWOL against Watford.

Also, Izquierdo was our best winger at times last season but Knockaert was consistently our most dangerous threat in my opinion. Others will disagree, but even when he was playing in his own head and not really being the player we know he is, I think he contributed more than people realised.

I thought Sollys cross for Murrays was brilliant low with pace curling away from the keeper which Murray took beautifully, Knockaret had a really extended poor spell last season but has started this season on fire, funny how we can all see the same things in different ways

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have never seen him give less than 100%, yes he has been distracted and gone all sulky French on occasion and even charged around like a nutter making rash challenges and complaining about decisions which has affected his game badly. However I have never seen him hide . I didn’t make that many away games last year so I may have missed it if he did.

Agree - would never accuse him of not trying. He gets sulky and petulant sometimes and has games where his decision making is crap (Watford being a case in point) but not putting a shift in ? Not him........

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought Sollys cross for Murrays was brilliant low with pace curling away from the keeper which Murray took beautifully, Knockaret had a really extended poor spell last season but has started this season on fire, funny how we can all see the same things in different ways

Murray was on the (mini) Monday Night Club on R5 last night and was full of praise for March's cross. Mind you, Ian Wright was full of praise for Murray's finish, and rightly so, so our senior pro might have been trying to spread the enthusiasm, and work on Solly's confidence levels.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
"Leftist" then?
If left was a verb then it would mean, I left so like any Spanish verb ending in “o” is about oneself.
Tengo- I have
Quiero- I want
Necesito- I need

So you could I spose get it to mean I left, or I’m a lefty, very roughly speaking

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Izquierdo has withdrawn from the Columbia squad. Looks as though he’s still not going to be fit after the international break....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Izquierdo has withdrawn from the Columbia squad. Looks as though he’s still not going to be fit after the international break....

Surely all that means is he's not fit DURING the international break?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Hardly going to go with the international squad if he has not played a game this season. I wouldn't read anything into that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If left was a verb then it would mean, I left so like any Spanish verb ending in “o” is about oneself.
Tengo- I have
Quiero- I want
Necesito- I need

So you could I spose get it to mean I left, or I’m a lefty, very roughly speaking

But it's not a verb, it's an adjective meaning left. As in the opposite of right. As a noun it's feminine eg. A la izquierda. But as an adjective you use izquierda/o depending on whether it's describing a feminine or masculine noun eg la pierna izquierda/el brazo izquierdo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here