Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
A real shame, but it was sadly unlikely to ever be different. Hope Jose can find a club, regain full fitness and enjoy being able to play again. All the best to him.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
The 2 v West Ham, 1 v Stoke and the 1 v Palace were all top quality. Who was his 5th goal for us against?

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Seemed inevitable but sad nonetheless . He provided some of the best memories from our first season in the premier league. Those individual goals against West Ham will live long in the memory and the goal v Stoke away was the best team goal we scored that season.

Always welcome back at the Amex and at least we got to see him one last time.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’ll definitely be keeping an eye out on his future career. I wonder if he can get another contract in Europe? Maybe USG would be interested in him on vastly reduced wages?

Best of luck to the lad (and his pig).

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He had such talent and skill, such a shame we saw only glimpses of it.

I really hope he can progress at another club

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gutted for him but not a big surprise. Good luck Jose, you leave some great memories. A genuine off the seat player when in full swing. We haven’t had too many of those.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good luck Jose.

Always tried his best and two great goals.

Hope his knee heals sufficiently to resurrect his career.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
Sad to see him go, even if it was inevitable. As others have said, that team goal away at Stoke is one that will always stick in the memory,

Wish him all the best for the future.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
was genuinely happy when he got back on the pitch but guess this was inevitable. The Stoke goal will live long in the memory

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sublime on his day, very sad to see him go but totally understandable. Thanks for those two goals against West Ham, I hope he finds some injury free success where ever he goes. We’ve made him a millionaire, now he needs to make the best of what he has left to give.

His name is Izquierdo
He makes defenders scared-O
He’s from Colombia
He’s got a pig.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
shame they could not get him on a pay for play type contract as even in that little cameo recently he still looked to offer something different.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Can't honestly say I'm sorry to see him go as in my head he was lost to us a long time ago. Wouldn't have wanted us to keep him on. Enjoyed what he did though and would have liked to see what Potter could do with him had he stayed fit. Had a really rough time with injury as we all know and at least he was well remunerated in recovery. But no substitute for good health and enjoying his career. Will be remembered for his cheery personality, pigs and West Ham and I sincerely hope he can maintain a level of fitness now and enjoy another 7 or 8 years playing at a decent level. Gave us some good moments. Best wishes to him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only 28 - and was class at times before injury - was hoping he’d be given another chance as cost a lot but guess wages were big really. I guess he’s not shown enough post injury in training. Thanks for the memories Jose.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Brought himself all the way back to fitness and he was probably hoping for a new contract so must be both gutted and not surprised.

But you can understand the clubs reluctance to take the risk.

Do hope he gets a contract somewhere else with a decent club as he still has a few good years left.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was expecting this news but it’s still sad. He will remain one of my favourite players and I hope he can continue his career somewhere else.

He seemed like a genuinely lovely human being as well as a very talented footballer.

It would be nice to get an opportunity to show him our gratitude, but not many players get that opportunity when they leave, sadly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here