Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquierdo - released by the Albion

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
He played another 45 mins for the under 23's this week in the loss to Blackburn. He had a hand in the goal, and a few runs down the wing. I'd be surprised if we see him in the first team again, but if the club can get him fit then they may be able to recoup a small percentage of what as paid for him

If the club can get him fully fit, then he could be a valuable member of the squad - he was a big factor in our success in 17/18. If we don't think he's worth offering a new deal then we won't get a penny as his contract expires next June.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Izquierdo absolutely could play wing back under Potter. He needs more options there and we're about to head into the packed Xmas fixture pile up. . Don't write him off - assuming the rightfully cautious return goes ok.

March’s goal at the weekend was the sort of effort that Izquierdo excels at.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Proven at this level.

If he comes back and still has most of his pace, he will be a valuable part of the 25, if not the first 11

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Reckon he'll join the squad over christmas and play FA Cup first - they wouldn't bother with all this effort if they didnt think it was possible for him to return at the highest level- also hes worth zero until it's clear he's fully recovered and has a full season under his belt. More importantly he's a great footballer and it would be lovely to see him back at the Amex in front of a full house - and scoring another like the one v West Ham . I can still picture that - it even looked like it was going in from the North Stand !

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Reckon he'll join the squad over christmas and play FA Cup first - they wouldn't bother with all this effort if they didnt think it was possible for him to return at the highest level- also hes worth zero until it's clear he's fully recovered and has a full season under his belt. More importantly he's a great footballer and it would be lovely to see him back at the Amex in front of a full house - and scoring another like the one v West Ham . I can still picture that - it even looked like it was going in from the North Stand !

They also sometime look like they may go over the south stand . . . that's wingers for you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The guy has no luck, apparently he now has a hamstring injury :down:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Start looking for an office job in the new year

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is this the curse of Kazenga returned.

Lua Lua terrified defences until somebody clattered him at Hartlepool and broke his leg. He was never quite the same threat afterwards.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this the curse of Kazenga returned.

Lua Lua terrified defences until somebody clattered him at Hartlepool and broke his leg. He was never quite the same threat afterwards.

I think it’s quite normal to get niggly injuries on return from a long layoff?

Hope you’re wrong, an on song Jose is a player who gets fans off their seats

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I think it’s quite normal to get niggly injuries on return from a long layoff?

Hope you’re wrong, an on song Jose is a player who gets fans off their seats

Absolutely.

Doesn't sound too bad.

Head coach Graham Potter said: “He had a little of a setback.

“A little bit of a feeling in his hamstring.

“He has had to take a bit of time to recover. He won’t be involved tonight.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here