Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jordan Ayew

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Although (I think) Lorient were relegated the season after he left.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Although (I think) Lorient were relegated the season after he left.

Swansea's top scorer
Swansea's POTY
Premier League Experience
Good squad addition
Obviously taking all this into account is THE reason swansea were relegated

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Swansea's top scorer
Swansea's POTY
Premier League Experience
Good squad addition
Obviously taking all this into account is THE reason swansea were relegated

Yes yes yes, but leaving aside he signed for you if he signed for say Southampton would you be disappointed you missed out on him

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Yes yes yes, but leaving aside he signed for you if he signed for say Southampton would you be disappointed you missed out on him

Yes actually. Good for what we need. Can work across the front 3. Not too much of a gamble, only an option to buy. Lets see how he gets on. Slightly different on the players you have signed, most unknown quantities with no experience of the premier league. This shouldnt be underestimated. Most of the players we have signed during our stay in the PL have all had this, it appears to be a strategy of ours. Not knocking your recruitment policy it may work and they integrate well but it is a risk.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Another massive ego/bad attitude in their side.

How can anyone actually know this is beyond me. He denied missing training to force the transfer and said was given leave by Swansea. Even though their Manager said he wasnt..who knows. Modern day football I suppose. Not something Wilf would do mind..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes actually. Good for what we need. Can work across the front 3. Not too much of a gamble, only an option to buy. Lets see how he gets on. Slightly different on the players you have signed, most unknown quantities with no experience of the premier league. This shouldnt be underestimated. Most of the players we have signed during our stay in the PL have all had this, it appears to be a strategy of ours. Not knocking your recruitment policy it may work and they integrate well but it is a risk.

That's how you end up spunking more than your total club income just on transfer fees and wages.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair , his stats and history suggest he could be good for 7-10 goals in the prem which is pretty valuable for any side. Decent age too.

Easy to laugh at Palace for being Palace but I don't actually think this is a bad signing.

I bet the wages CPFC2010 are chucking at it would be an amusing read though. Still , can always reform when it finally goes wrong again.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
That's how you end up spunking more than your total club income just on transfer fees and wages.

Not too sure how accurate that is.
Meyer > Cabaye
Kouyate > RLC
Ayew >Sako

Apart from Guaita that is additional I would hazard a guess theres not much in it. The meyer figures are just inaccurate, in a basic salary basis. Cabaye clearly wasnt on peanuts anway. There almost all like for like. With the minimal budget we had I think we've done well. Total transfer fees paid £9.5m

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not too sure how accurate that is.
Meyer > Cabaye
Kouyate > RLC
Ayew >Sako

Apart from Guaita that is additional I would hazard a guess theres not much in it. The meyer figures are just inaccurate, in a basic salary basis. Cabaye clearly wasnt on peanuts anway. There almost all like for like. With the minimal budget we had I think we've done well.

'Minimal' budget of £100m a year for the last few years.....and you're spending every last penny, and some, on fees and wages.

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
To be fair , his stats and history suggest he could be good for 7-10 goals in the prem which is pretty valuable for any side. Decent age too.

Easy to laugh at Palace for being Palace but I don't actually think this is a bad signing.

I bet the wages CPFC2010 are chucking at it would be an amusing read though. Still , can always reform when it finally goes wrong again.

Do you think you'll be laughing at Palace next season? Our starting 11-16 players is very, very good. To say otherwise is just rivalry nonsense.

What are your expectations next season? We would be disappointed not to make top 10. With the number of players you have to hope bed in and acclimatise to the league I think anything beyond 17th has to be good for Brighton for this season. I see that alot of predictions seem to put brighton even in bottom three or hovering around the bottom. Would you say that is fair- as in just to stay up?

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
'Minimal' budget of £100m a year for the last few years.....and you're spending every last penny, and some, on fees and wages.

which I am guessing is the reason we have a minimal budget now.. Cant hide our income to expenditure is inhibiting to say the least.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Do you think you'll be laughing at Palace next season? Our starting 11-16 players is very, very good. To say otherwise is just rivalry nonsense.

What are your expectations next season? We would be disappointed not to make top 10. With the number of players you have to hope bed in and acclimatise to the league I think anything beyond 17th has to be good for Brighton for this season. I see that alot of predictions seem to put brighton even in bottom three or hovering around the bottom. Would you say that is fair- as in just to stay up?

Yes - think you'll find most (sensible) fans would agree staying up is the overwhelming objective, and anything above that would be something of a bonus. Agree the Palace squad should be comfortably top half but outside the top 6, virtually any team could end up in trouble if things don't go to plan.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004

Every bloody year!

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
Every bloody year!

So you disagree? Tell me another season where all our top players had been injured like last season. Any team would suffer with what we went through last season. We cant be as unlucky again. Its a top premier league side as you would expect in our 6th season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here