Bernardo £9m
Andone £5.25m
Button £4m
Burn £3m
Tau £2.8m
Balogun free
Steele free

Total £56m.

Our squad has been improved, with several weaknesses addressed. The club's approach in getting value, is IMO a better strategy, than the lazy approach of several rivals who operate cheque book scouting.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Our squad has been improved, with several weaknesses addressed. The club's approach in getting value, is IMO a better strategy, than the lazy approach of several rivals who operate cheque book scouting.

We don't actually know the value of any of these players yet.
And who of our rivals have been doing "cheque book scouting".
It's awfully arrogant to assume we're doing something greatly different and superior to everyone else.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My head is still spinning with those numbers. Who'd've thought a few years ago that 2.8M is the lowest fee we've paid for one of seven signings :eek:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
We don't actually know the value of any of these players yet.
And who of our rivals have been doing "cheque book scouting".
It's awfully arrogant to assume we're doing something greatly different and superior to everyone else.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Many very respected football people like RIchard Keys were raving about Evertons transfer business last summer and look what happened there.

I will say though, if you'd have offered me the window we've had at the beginning of the summer I'd have snapped your hand off.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I would say our Goalkeeping options have got weaker and the loss of Goldson without a replacement is frustrating to say the least.

However its been a very good window so far, hopefully it shows on the pitch, cant help but feel we are still light upfront.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Jahanbakhsh £17m
Bissouma £15m
Bernardo £9m
Andone £5.25m
Button £4m
Burn £3m
Tau £2.8m
Balogun free
Steele free

Total £56m.

It looks exciting but they are all a risk and I wouldn’t crow too much yet.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
My head is still spinning with those numbers. Who'd've thought a few years ago that 2.8M is the lowest fee we've paid for one of seven signings :eek:

And we might never even see him play, in fact he may never even enter the country again.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Last season was amazing in that we signed a load of new players and almost all were a success. We are, at some point, going to sign a dud so can't be too confident about this crop of players yet.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It looks exciting but they are all a risk and I wouldn’t crow too much yet.

The fans of several other clubs are more than crowing - elated, confident of top half; and backed by all of the media and pundits.

Wolves, Palace, Everton, Fulham, Arsenal, Chelsea, West Ham and Leicester, are today all on massive highs due to "world class" recruiting and retaining all of/almost all of their best 11's.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jahanbakhsh £17m
Bissouma £15m
Bernardo £9m
Andone £5.25m
Button £4m
Burn £3m
Tau £2.8m
Balogun free
Steele free

Total £56m.

Bissouma and Button are much lower

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Excellemt busimess!

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
How can anyone say it's an excellent window when apart from the gk none of our signings have kicked a ball in English football. Could easily all flop .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How can anyone say it's an excellent window when apart from the gk none of our signings have kicked a ball in English football. Could easily all flop .

I’m lookimg om the bright side!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here