Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 6 Music - lineup changes...

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
[tweet]1027481635825090561[/tweet]

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45127611

Lauren Laverne is to replace Shaun Keaveny on BBC 6 Music's breakfast show, it has been announced.

Keaveny and his co-presenter Matt Everitt will move to the afternoon, taking the slot currently occupied by Mark Radcliffe and Stuart Maconie.

In turn, they will move to weekend breakfast, while Mary Anne Hobbs gets promoted to weekday mid-mornings.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Smug and pretentious doesn’t really do Maconie and Radcliffe justice, I’m glad they will be on when I don’t listen to 6 music.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Pleased that the evening schedules remain intact. To be honest I listen to most of the content on catch up.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I enjoy RadMac and Keaveny, not so sure about Mary Anne Hobbs, alright in small doses. Will be interesting to see how Laverne's show copes with the early morning slot, will be very different to Keaveny.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes and the latest listening figures had all the morning and daytime slots getting over 1 million listeners. Will be interesting to see if this can go up further.

Does the chain continue as a weekly longest running slot now.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Sorry to be losing RadMac from that 1-4 PM slot, keeps me going whilst working from home. Keaveney shows little interest in the music and his interviews are pure sycophancy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will be interesting to see how Laverne's show copes with the early morning slot, will be very different to Keaveny.

I doubt it will be as happy and cheerful.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Smug and pretentious doesn’t really do Maconie and Radcliffe justice, I’m glad they will be on when I don’t listen to 6 music.

Absolute nonsense, they are great. A good listen IMHO and I frequently alternate between them and Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport depending on my music/sports chat wishes.

Keaveny is OK but does go on sometimes.....interesting to see if he chnages his approach in thre pm slot.

BBC 6 is oK for me, the only BBC music channel I can tolerate.

TNBA

TTF

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Absolute nonsense, they are great. A good listen IMHO and I frequently alternate between them and Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport depending on my music/sports chat wishes.

Keaveny is OK but does go on sometimes.....interesting to see if he chnages his approach in thre pm slot.

BBC 6 is oK for me, the only BBC music channel I can tolerate.

TNBA

TTF

Difference of opinion, i rarely listen to them on Radio 6, cod, I don’t like them, and Radcliffe ruined the Radio 2 folk show.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Yes sounds like they have caught it early, he is talking about making a good recovery and back in the new year.

I look forward to hearing his output again in 2019.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Always good to get any symptoms checked out early.

Facts about tongue cancer

It can either affect the oral tongue, or the base of the tongue.

Symptoms include:

A persistent red or white patch
Pain when swallowing
Unexplained bleeding
A sore throat that does not go away
A numbness in the mouth

These symptoms could also arise from a less serious condition but are often triggered by drinking alchool and smoking.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Wish Mark a speedy recovery and look forward to hearing him back on the radio soon. Like most 6 music DJ's he is very knowledgeable and it is clear he loves his music. Think he is one of the best around and will be missed for a few months.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I wish Mark Radcliffe all the best in his fight against the Big C, Always enjoyed his music selections, he goes a long way back with the late great John Peel, and I even had the pleasure of having a chat with him at a Damned gig in Manchester about 15 years ago & finding out he loves the Cramps, he told me that he had a hand in recording the Meteors, The Milkshakes & Guanbatz peel sessions at Abby Road, during the early 80s championing a much maligned music genre...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Baffled by how they could be considered pretentious. Smug? well maybe a bit sometimes but they are very entertaining...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here