Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Flippin women, sorry ladies.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Grrrr imagine my excitement when l got home this afternoon, switched on the laptop, to be grreted with an email from the club headed 'new signing announcement'. Great I was thinking, we've finally agreed a price for Liam Moore, or maybe it's O'Connell, or perhaps some other exciting player..

Open the email and l discover it's actually Emily Simpkins. How I'm sure Emily is a very good player, and positive she is a lovely lady too, but my point is, that I'm sure 90 odd % of us on here are much more interested in impending signings for the mens first team squad . . . not the ladies.

No offence girls, but l hope you will understand where I'm coming from!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Uh-oh you'll upset a few here. I agree personally, same as when they moved the games onto the 'main' twitter. I know they need to try and get more interest but its mis-leading

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think it's great the club's support for women's football but am also not the slightest interested. It's caught me out once this year on an email, but oh well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think it's great the club's support for women's football but am also not the slightest interested. It's caught me out once this year on an email, but oh well.

Not as good as them live tweeting during a mens team match from the same twitter account....

GOAL - oh wait it was the womens team :ffsparr:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Uh-oh you'll upset a few here. I agree personally, same as when they moved the games onto the 'main' twitter. I know they need to try and get more interest but its mis-leading

Could not agree more, the same problem with newspapers, you catch a headline then find it is a femail team or individual,it would be useful if they were all grouped together with a headline indicating the fact.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Grrrr imagine my excitement when l got home this afternoon, switched on the laptop, to be grreted with an email from the club headed 'new signing announcement'. Great I was thinking, we've finally agreed a price for Liam Moore, or maybe it's O'Connell, or perhaps some other exciting player..

Open the email and l discover it's actually Emily Simpkins. How I'm sure Emily is a very good player, and positive she is a lovely lady too, but my point is, that I'm sure 90 odd % of us on here are much more interested in impending signings for the mens first team squad . . . not the ladies.

No offence girls, but l hope you will understand where I'm coming from!

Agree. They just need to put 'Ladies' next to the "Albion sign defender"

I don't have a problem with reading about the Albion Ladies team, just be nice to separate them on the headlines as they ARE separate teams.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I support BHA, therefore I support ALL of BHA.:albion2:
It's all one step closer to allowing the fairer sex the vote......not that they'd understand politics.......heaven forbid them being allowed behind the wheel of a car:eek:
See what I did there?:)
Seriously though, any success, regardless which team turns out for the deck chairs, shows how far we've come as a club

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I support BHA, therefore I support ALL of BHA.:albion2:
It's all one step closer to allowing the fairer sex the vote......not that they'd understand politics.......heaven forbid them being allowed behind the wheel of a car:eek:
See what I did there?:)
Seriously though, any success, regardless which team turns out for the deck chairs, shows how far we've come as a club

True points, but what does success or otherwise have to do with it? They are two separate teams so shouldn't be presented in an ambiguous manner.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Clickbait

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Just unsubscribe. You will find all you need to know on NSC about transfers.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Fwiw, I agree with you. The BHAWFC twitter account used to work well. I know we are all inclusive etc, but it clutters up the News page on the website which is cluttered enough already and means you have to search the Twitter feed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here