Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Football Podcasts - PL Previews

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I listen to most of the football podcasts out there every week, especially as I'm away with work a lot. I tend to do most of my listening on the treadmill.
Just got through the season previews from the following:

BT Sport - Football Writers Podcast.
The Guardian - Football Weekly.
The Football Ramble.
Sky Sports - Sunday Supplement

Not one single mention of Brighton, nothing at all. I for one love it that our transfer window wasn't even worth a quick mention. Hopefully another season under the radar.
It seems these journo's & pundits are already loving Fulham & Wolves, tipping them for good finishes. The same people that tipped us to go down last year.
Also worth noting that Huddersfield also didn't get mentioned, except a couple tipped them for relegation, again.

I still have The Totally Football show with James Richardson to listen to tonight, but probably more of the same.
The 5live Football Daily should be back soon, we normally get some positive mentions from Chris Sutton of all people. (He's good value I think)

Anyway, time for us to upset the gravy train, again!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I listen to most of the football podcasts out there every week, especially as I'm away with work a lot. I tend to do most of my listening on the treadmill.
Just got through the season previews from the following:

BT Sport - Football Writers Podcast.
The Guardian - Football Weekly.
The Football Ramble.
Sky Sports - Sunday Supplement

Not one single mention of Brighton, nothing at all. I for one love it that our transfer window wasn't even worth a quick mention. Hopefully another season under the radar.
It seems these journo's & pundits are already loving Fulham & Wolves, tipping them for good finishes. The same people that tipped us to go down last year.
Also worth noting that Huddersfield also didn't get mentioned, except a couple tipped them for relegation, again.

I still have The Totally Football show with James Richardson to listen to tonight, but probably more of the same.
The 5live Football Daily should be back soon, we normally get some positive mentions from Chris Sutton of all people. (He's good value I think)

Anyway, time for us to upset the gravy train, again!

Thanks. Save me listening to that garbage. Can't be arsed sitting through endless drivel about Man Utd or Salah.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Gabriel Marcotti on The Game (from The Times) said he's on the Brighton train and tipped us as his surprise package this year

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gabriel Marcotti on The Game (from The Times) said he's on the Brighton train and tipped us as his surprise package this year

Yes, you're right. That was it. I believe it was his "left-field" prediction.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just listened to the Totally Football podcast and Julien Laurens tipped us for relegation. Apparently Hughton is going to try and make us too attacking like he did in his second season at Norwich and that will cost us.

Fair enough that’s his opinion but the bit that annoyed me was that apparently it will be very difficult for us to integrate our new signings. Yet 10 minutes earlier they’d been saying how well Fulham and Wolves were going to do with the excellent signings they’ve made. Make your mind up!

The way the media are going on about those two, you’d think they’re going to finish 1st and 2nd. I hope, and think they will, have a nasty shock this season.

On a positive note they did say Bissouma is an excellent signing.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just listened to the Totally Football podcast and Julien Laurens tipped us for relegation. Apparently Hughton is going to try and make us too attacking like he did in his second season at Norwich and that will cost us.

Fair enough that’s his opinion but the bit that annoyed me was that apparently it will be very difficult for us to integrate our new signings. Yet 10 minutes earlier they’d been saying how well Fulham and Wolves were going to do with the excellent signings they’ve made. Make your mind up!

The way the media are going on about those two, you’d think they’re going to finish 1st and 2nd. I hope, and think they will, have a nasty shock this season.

Listened to it today; thought exactly the same. It appears Wolves & Fulham are the media darlings.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

His point re CH is valid. It’s a critical transition season for him. And a lot of our signings are unknown quantities in this league. So we really have no idea how it will go.

Regarding Fulham and Wolves, I think both have done some very decent business, particularly Fulham. But there’s still question marks against a number of both of their signings that really won’t know the league at all. As with every season, everyone below the top 6 is at risk to some degree.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here