Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion bottom of the Premier League...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
...of kits. Apparently. Barbs will be FUMING:

"They’ve just gone with the generic template for Nike really and just added the crest and sponsor. I also think their away kit looks like a goalkeeper kit.
I don’t think you’d see anyone wearing that out. Well, I’d hope not anyway.
Style: 3/10. Originality: 2.5/10. Wearability: 2.5/10 - Total: 8 out of 30"

More >>> https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/b66bc111-d70f-4049-8bcd-c6c4b6dd3f75

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Can’t disagree. This’ll be the first season for many years I don’t buy even one of the shirts.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I like our new goalkeeper home shirt. Black with pink flashing on the arms. As others have said, I’m not keen on the others.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to argue with that.

It is very noticeable that we haven't had the normal "record number of pre-order shirt sales" message yet.

I inspected a home shirt in the shop the other day and it's also really badly made. And so expensive for what it is. Prefer the value you get in the training kit which I expect will sell better than in previous seasons. £32 for something that feels like it is better made and looks better.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Written by a child I guess. There are few shirts on there I really like and certainly only 1 I would wear in public and there really is something about the palace shirt that makes me sick. perhaps is just a pavlovian response.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Spot on.
Straight off the Nike template shelf. No thought or originality went into the design this season.
The only nice bit about the shirt -The inscription of Sussex by the Sea...shame its inscribed on the inside of the shirt!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I must be one sick puppy because I love the away kit. The home could be better for sure, but it really isn't that bad.

Saw quite a few out in the wild so to speak at the Nantes friendly, and I thought it looked significantly better in the flesh than on screen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't see a lot wrong with the home kit tbh. Its blue and white stripes, thye're never going to re-invent the wheel, unless you're going to go doing something REALLY different and outlandish like that Argentina kit we had at Withdean (which was bloody awful IMO). The sponsors aren't iron-on, and having seen it up close and handled the goods it seems well enough made. So its a template and not "bespoke" - so what ? Can't say I'll lose any sleep over it. As long as we're in the stripes, and its the proper blue and white with no messing around with faded bits and shit, I've got no beef.

I guess I'm not the target audience though. Must be getting old.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Saw quite a few out in the wild so to speak at the Nantes friendly, and I thought it looked significantly better in the flesh than on screen.

I was going to post something similar. I thought the shirts looked pretty good, apart from the little vertical bits hanging from the back collar, which make the players look like they have rat's tails a la Howard Jones circa 1983.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here