Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Danny Welbeck.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It maybe rubbish but with Tomer rumoured to be going to QPR, I suppose it’s possible.
Welbeck to Brighton. Talks ongoing. 15M fee. #AFC

I would quite like this, personally.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Probably the first in a long list of rubbish rumors we'll be inundated with before the deadline, but it's doing the rounds on the oracle of truth and knowledge that is twitter.
I would only want a loan, and wouldn't pay money for him. And who knows what astronomical wages he's on

[tweet]1027125423220633600[/tweet]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Seems like Southampton are favourites to sign him but I would love to get Welbeck. I've always been a fan and think he's been massively under rated over the years.

Talking of Arsenal reject forwards, I see Lucas Perez is set to join West Ham for £5 million. I think that is probably West Ham's best signing of the summer, he's a really good player and not been given a chance by Arsenal. £5 million is a bargain.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It maybe rubbish but with Tomer rumoured to be going to QPR, I suppose it’s possible.
Welbeck to Brighton. Talks ongoing. 15M fee. #AFC

I would quite like this, personally.

I think Welbeck would do well here, however, I think he might be a couple of years too old to fit our transfer policy. £15m would be quite a lot for a player who may not have a great deal of resale value at nearly 28.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
This would be one helluva statement signing, 'Welbs' is a top, top player and would signal our arrival into the upper echelons of the PL, he wouldn't come here unless there was some serous ambition to push the club further.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
No chance. Tomer won't go anywhere and will probably start at Watford on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Reportedly on £70k a week, so don't get too excited.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If it wasnt for his wages I would be all over this. Welbeck is so underated its unbelievable.

A season without injury he would bang in 15 goals a season for us easily.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
No chance. Tomer won't go anywhere and will probably start at Watford on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why so confident when Naylor has commented on his being up for sale/available in every transfer related article this summer and twice this week as sub text and now this QPR article? All of which will have come from his inside source and sanctioned for release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Twitter also seems to have him heavily linked with Southampton, Everton and Bournemouth.

It looks like he could be going somewhere, although I wouldn't bank on the Albion being the destination just yet.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why so confident when Naylor has commented on his being up for sale/available in every transfer related article this summer and twice this week as sub text and now this QPR article? All of which will have come from his inside source and sanctioned for release.

I’m beginning to think Naylor is Hemed’s agent!

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
This would be one helluva statement signing, 'Welbs' is a top, top player and would signal our arrival into the upper echelons of the PL, he wouldn't come here unless there was some serous ambition to push the club further.

Isn't he precisely the type of ageing marquee signing we've managed to avoid?

As others have said if he costs buttons and only wants peanuts then, yeah, I suppose he 'could do a job'. But I don't want us going overboard.

EDIT: Ah bollocks, just seen who I've replied to. "You know when you've been crodo'd"

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Feels like a marquee signing. Doesn’t really reflect what the recruitment team have been up to. Can’t see it happening.

If it did, then if fit he’d be a good addition.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Isn't he precisely the type of ageing marquee player we've managed to avoid?

As others have said if he costs buttons and only wants peanuts then, yeah, I suppose he 'could do a job'. But I don't want us going overboard.

He's taking the piss.

Edit: nvm you got there on your own :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here