Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Massive in meltdown

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Twitter account @FBL72 transcribed the Massive fan forum last night and looked hilarious. Feel sorry for their chairman as he won’t win with their dinlow fans.

My favourite bit is they’ve sold out of 6XL shirts and 4/5XL aren’t big enough. Probably an easier solution to that problem and it’s not the clubs to solve !

Last edited:

el punal

Twitter account @FBL72 transcribed the Massive fan forum last night and looked hilarious. Feel sorry for their chairman as he won’t win with their dinlow fans.

My favourite bit is they’ve sold out of 6XL shirts and 4/5XL aren’t big enough. Probably an easier solution to that problem and it’s not the clubs to solve !

And that, dear friends, is why they’re called the Massive. :drink:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that Meire says that it's impossible to be competitive as they're up against teams with £90m parachute payments - it's funny that four of the last six teams to get promoted from the Championship didn't have any parachute payments. That's a really lame excuse

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I see that Meire says that it's impossible to be competitive as they're up against teams with £90m parachute payments - it's funny that four of the last six teams to get promoted from the Championship didn't have any parachute payments. That's a really lame excuse

Agree - what would you expect that idiot to say.......already helped ruin one club......

This is a good read :https://teamfa.com/football/previews/sheffield-wednesday-a-club-on-the-brink-tuesday-august-2018

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

Maybe they could do with parachutes to make new XXX5L shirts.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Maybe they could do with parachutes to make new XXX5L shirts.

:lolol:

That made me spit coffee.

The other thing revealed in the Twitter transcript is that Chansiri said he only bought Rhodes because the fans wanted him. Is that really true? Because if it is, then he's an idiot. And if it's not, why say it?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Looks like they are in serious trouble... I remember when their fans were giving it, we are richer than you and all that bollocks... They have overspent for a few years now and anyone but the blinkered Massive fans could see they would end up in the mire if they didn't get promoted!

You reap what you sow!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I will take a few minutes out of my day to look at Owlstalk later.... That should keep me entertained.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
So they basically stuck two fingers up at FFP and gambled that they would be promoted? Wow talk about naive!

I know we sailed close to the wind with FFP but we never broke it.

We spent money in the first couple of seasons in the Championship, then we sold a number of players and brought in cheap players (Hyypia's reign), then we spent big for a couple of years. If we didn't get promoted we would have had to sell a number of players to keep within FFP.
So glad we have Barber and Bloom in control!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What size was that again?

CFE8A5C5-02BE-4C47-A3ED-94FD961126E6.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Looks like they are in serious trouble... I remember when their fans were giving it, we are richer than you and all that bollocks... They have overspent for a few years now and anyone but the blinkered Massive fans could see they would end up in the mire if they didn't get promoted!

You reap what you sow!

They've overspent and overreacted by following the same path some on here, unbelievably, think the Albion still should be on.

Hoovering up 'names' who have never quite made it, but still command a big wage.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Have they got any decent central defenders we can get off them on the cheap? Probably not, I suppose ...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have they got any decent central defenders we can get off them on the cheap? Probably not, I suppose ...

Tom Lees? 27 years old. Better than Burn in my opinion, and probably as good as O'Connell (who is massively overhyped and overvalued from what I've seen of him).

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
They've overspent and overreacted by following the same path some on here, unbelievably, think the Albion still should be on.

Hoovering up 'names' who have never quite made it, but still command a big wage.

What do you mean? We absolutely should be spending £15m on Patrick Bamford... ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here