Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England vs India Second Test - Lord's

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well done ECB, no Tests all summer then 1 a week until September...

Seeing as Stokes won't be appearing and Malan has been dropped I would have thought Moeen Ali and Woakes would slot in, maybe move Bairstow up the order and let Buttler keep wicket? I see this Surrey Wunderkind Pope is in the Squad but I would go for:

Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Buttler (wk)
Moeen Ali
Curran
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove

Seeing as Stokes won't be appearing and Malan has been dropped I would have thought Moeen Ali and Woakes would slot in, maybe move Bairstow up the order and let Buttler keep wicket? I see this Surrey Wunderkind Pope is in the Squad but I would go for:

Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Buttler (wk)
Moeen Ali
Curran
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Pope will definitely play and it will be between Moeen & Woakes for Stokes slot.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Buttler (wk)
Moeen Ali
Curran
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Didn't England play a couple of Tests against Pakistan ?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Storrington Crown Inn Pub Quiz tonight (won it for first time ever hoorah!) - both the fellow cricket fan quizzers on our team reckoned Bairstow should open with Cook...

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Surprised we went for Pope over Burns- he has been impressively consistent for years now and is the leading run scorer by some distance this season.
Good luck to him though.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Woakes for Stokes, Pope for Malan.

1-0 up in the series, young Curran in fine form, I fancy Pope in the line-up might reinvigorate one or two of the top order. Picking Ali would represent a chance missed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Look forward to afternoon session listening to TMS on the beach.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Time to bounce this thread I reckon.

Good chance of rain showers tomorrow, might want to bowl first?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Cook
Jennings
Root
Bairstow
Buttler (wk)
Moeen Ali
Curran
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

Agreed, btw are you Dubai based ?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We could do with a couple of reliable openers who can score runs regularly - not a series of 1, 15, 6, 30, 4, 6, 259, 0, 4 , 0, 6, 9, 1, 0 etc

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Storrington Crown Inn Pub Quiz tonight (won it for first time ever hoorah!) - both the fellow cricket fan quizzers on our team reckoned Bairstow should open with Cook...

I agree with them. Won't happen though as he wants to keep and they won't man up to telling him buttlers doing it (or pick Foakes). The fact both bairstow and butler now play in the ODI side and test side and a different one keeps in each shows the thinking is still a bit off. I think Pope will play and bat at 5 or 6.

1. Cook
2. Jennings
3. Root
4. Bairstow
5. Pope
6. buttler
7. Moeen
8. Curran
9. Rashid
10. Broad
11. Anderson

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At the very best it looks like it's going to be a bit stop/start today, if indeed we get any play at all :down:

lords.JPG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I agree with them. Won't happen though as he wants to keep and they won't man up to telling him buttlers doing it (or pick Foakes). The fact both bairstow and butler now play in the ODI side and test side and a different one keeps in each shows the thinking is still a bit off. I think Pope will play and bat at 5 or 6.

1. Cook
2. Jennings
3. Root
4. Bairstow
5. Pope
6. buttler
7. Moeen
8. Curran
9. Rashid
10. Broad
11. Anderson

Its a bit optimistic replacing Malan with Pope...not sure if it will come off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here