Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle United

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
"...they [the Newcastle players] refused requests to film the “walk up shots” which are used by television companies to identify individual players when they display so called “green screen” formation graphics before live games."

:clap2:

Those 'walk-up' shots are just horrendous, especially when they have to fold their arms and turn slightly to one side with a moody glare. Awful.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
"...they [the Newcastle players] refused requests to film the “walk up shots” which are used by television companies to identify individual players when they display so called “green screen” formation graphics before live games."

Those 'walk-up' shots are just horrendous, especially when they have to fold their arms and turn slightly to one side with a moody glare. Awful.

Perhaps someone in Sky can go through their Panini albums and do a homemade version...
ThirstyEvilIrishwaterspaniel.gif

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Ashley is in a corner, if he is still looking to sell the club, as he needs to improve the balance sheet, hence the sell before you buy policy and no £45m on the table. and the need to recover the large loss made in the Championship season.
The trouble is the fans (at perceived large clubs) expect to see quality signings and a few bad results could see large scale unrest

el punal

I have heard that the Zaha ‘walk-up’ shot involved the camera being positioned a foot above the ground, in that way they were able to obtain the perfect horizontal image of our hero.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have heard that the Zaha ‘walk-up’ shot involved the camera being positioned a foot above the ground, in that way they were able to obtain the perfect horizontal image of our hero.

He rolled towards the camera clutching his ankle, Neymar style.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thing is Newcastle fans talk unrest, and protest against Ashley. Then they still rock up at St James's Park, still keep shopping in Sports Direct and do nothing about it. If they bothered to protest properly they could have made Ashley's position untenable years ago, but instead they just grumble about it and 'support' the lads.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Forgive me if I am wrong about this but isn't the 'walk ups' and media interviews part of the whole Premier League agreement clubs adhere too ... should the failure of players to oblige the tv companies a breech and so the club should be fined

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I work with a Newcastle fan he's pissed off that they haven't bought in any new players . But not as pissed off as Hitler was at the thought of living there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My favourite for first team relegated.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I work with a Newcastle fan he's pissed off that they haven't bought in any new players . But not as pissed off as Hitler was at the thought of living there.

You should see him when told about Stoke.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed - with all the talk of a "difficult second season" for us, it's good to remember that there's also a "difficult second season" for Newcastle and Huddersfield.

Genuinely think they will both finish below us - so that only leaves one more to find - which will be Cardiff. Any others will be a bonus.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
As I work in an office full of Toon fans (well, apart from the token couple of Mackems), you can imagine I'm quite keen for us to do better than them this season, preferably helped by 3 points at SJP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

The players really need to think outside of the box.

They need to walk up backwards, do a magic trick, wear Speedos and Googles, or ride past on a horse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Thing is Newcastle fans talk unrest, and protest against Ashley. Then they still rock up at St James's Park, still keep shopping in Sports Direct and do nothing about it. If they bothered to protest properly they could have made Ashley's position untenable years ago, but instead they just grumble about it and 'support' the lads.

This was bought up on the most recent Football Ramble.
Apparently the fans will once again be protesting outside Newcastle Sports Direct, before this weekend match, then heading off to the game.

Newcastle fan Pete Donaldson was asked why the fans don't take a more drastic measure like boycotting games, he replied:-'

'There's no point, Ashley hardly makes any money from gate receipts, boycotts won't effect him, so why should lifer's miss games'. :lol: :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here