Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Paddy Power Pride Ads

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
3B5918D4-5616-4C47-9B17-04FFFFB4EEF9.jpeg067EBB0D-AF30-42A6-ABE8-51363D2E0392.jpeg
Whilst not totally in tune with the ethics of the Betting industry, I thought the Paddy Power Pride banners are spot on

Last edited:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
An empty bus...similar to the amount of Irish based bookmakers that lay a bet...... hypocritical caaaants:tosser::rant::rant:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kudos - the reasoning behind it is immaterial, as long as it is meant in earnest

Unless they are running a book on who the first footballer might be!!!!!!!

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
I'm pretty sure there are a fair few gay players across all leagues, if and when a few senior / well known players decide to come out and depending on how it's received by fellow players and the fans will dictate if other players remain in the closet or we would see some come out, I'm hopeful that in the future when we have a new signing instead of seeing a picture of the players WAG we get on of his a HOB.. :)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Gay footballers don’t come out for a reason , they’re obviously not ready , and this is just more pressure

Classy :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Straight footballers don't come out. So maybe Gay footballers don't think it's anyone's business what their sexuality is.

Especially with the circus it will bring to their lives.

I don't expect every gay person wants their private life to become a political football for others to kick around.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Paddy Power should stay out of it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Damned if they do - Damned if they don't springs to mind

You get Groups like Stonewall themselves going on TV highlighting the issue but when someone else highlights the issue then they find flaws in it. They should be grateful that such a large organisation is willing to highlight the issue on their behalf and that some of their own Advertising Budget has been saved by someone advertising on their behalf. After all they are a Charity and they should look at it as a contribution/donation to their organisation.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Based on probability, I think it is extremely unlikely that there are NO gay players in the PL.

To some extent, I agree with the Stonewall viewpoint that nobody should be pressured to come out if they aren't ready. However, if the reluctance to come out is prompted by the fear of an adverse reaction from fans, clubs etc then the PP movement is spot on.

When Gareth Thomas came out, he was afraid of the reaction from fans and team mates and basically, nobody gave a shit!

It does seem women in sport are far more brave and open about their homosexuality than their male counterparts. Nobody should ever feel that they have to keep their sexuality hidden if they don't want to.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here