• Wednesday

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Thursday

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters

Raskolnikov

Aug 13, 2014
Wivenhoe
I'd say there is a 90% chance of us bringing in someone before Thursday, but the question is on what day will the first one be?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I'm perfectly happy if we bring in nobody else, to be honest.

I would be unhappy if we failed to sign a CB... although recognise how well our Recruitment team has done so far this window...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
When I'm in the shower later. Can't tell you the time but strong possibility it will be an Iron Maiden track what with Friday night fast approaching! :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Everyone seems uber confident that we will be signing a new player(s), but I'm not sure that will be the case, so sorry, l'm out. :nono:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think we will make at least 1 more signing but I’m actually starting to think maybe it should be a striker instead of a centre back.

At his age Murray is going to pick up more injuries and take longer to recover, Andone is unproven and appears to have an exisiting injury, we don’t know how fit Locadia is now and he’s still unproven. I like Hemed but we can’t pin much hope on him scoring that many goals so I do think we’re short there.

It might not be popular but I’d be tempted to go back for Tammy Abraham on loan for the season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we will make at least 1 more signing but I’m actually starting to think maybe it should be a striker instead of a centre back.

At his age Murray is going to pick up more injuries and take longer to recover, Andone is unproven and appears to have an exisiting injury, we don’t know how fit Locadia is now and he’s still unproven. I like Hemed but we can’t pin much hope on him scoring that many goals so I do think we’re short there.

It might not be popular but I’d be tempted to go back for Tammy Abraham on loan for the season.

Well if any of those injury concerns are likely to be long term then l'm sure the club would act. Providing they aren't serious then l'm sure four strikers for one starting position is more than adequate.

Plus in my view bringing in a loan player is always a risk, they are rarely as committed as our own players when the going gets tough, (with the odd honourable \exception of course). Tammy Abraham started last season well enough, but then his form dipped and fell away badly. I wonder how Chelsea would feel about him coming to a club where he wouldn't play many games too?

Sorry but the more l think about it, unless we are able to bring in Liam Moore or another capable centre back, l think we are done for this window..

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Good post - so why did you go and have to spoil it with the last sentence? :facepalm:

We don't want one of last season's 'maybes'.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Good post - so why did you go and have to spoil it with the last sentence? :facepalm:

We don't want one of last season's 'maybes'.

We went back in for Ali J and Andone after trying previously. We clearly put a lot of effort in to identifying the right players for us and if they thought he would be a good fit last year, why not now?

I would try and buy him but doubt Chelsea would sell so a loan it is. I think he’s a quality player with a big future, he was just a victim of the disaster at Swansea last year.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

He would run the risk of being our third/fourth choice once the three injured players were match fit. I doubt that would suit him or Chelsea.

However I’m pretty confident we’ll sign another centre back, probably at the 11th hour when Reading (probably) blink.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

So your logic is that we don’t have enough proven options up front even though we have four players for one position?

And your solution to said problem is a kid who isn’t proven to be good enough at this level yet and who has rejected us on at least one occasion?

It’s not that it wouldn’t be popular, it’s that it wouldn’t be that logical...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
So your logic is that we don’t have enough proven options up front even though we have four players for one position?

And your solution to said problem is a kid who isn’t proven to be good enough at this level yet and who has rejected us on at least one occasion?

It’s not that it wouldn’t be popular, it’s that it wouldn’t be that logical...

He’s a played a full season in the premier league and did well to start with before falling victim to the Swansea problems. He had a full season in the Championship and scored a hatful and has been capped by England. A lot more proven than Andone and Locadia in this country.

Anyway, I’m not saying he’s the only answer but with our record or pursuing certain players, it might be an option. I do think we need another striker whatever though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
At his age Murray is going to pick up more injuries and take longer to recover, Andone is unproven and appears to have an exisiting injury, we don’t know how fit Locadia is now and he’s still unproven. I like Hemed but we can’t pin much hope on him scoring that many goals so I do think we’re short there..

Locadia picked up an injury earlier in pre season and is now back in training.
Obviously he’s been written off on here by some but he’s clearly not far off fitness.

Andone has already played 45 mins in pre season recovering from a groun injury and club are being careful with his game time / recovery.

So Whether club would be that careful to actually loan / buy another player just in case is perhaps pushing it. Naming 5 strikers means effectively leaving someone else out - who ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here