Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Frédéric Guilbert

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Brighton and Leipzig, an eye on Frédéric Guilbert
Under contract until 2021 with Caen, the right side Frédéric Guilbert aroused the interest of Brighton and RB Leipzig.

Undisputed holder on the side of Caen (36 incumbents last season), Frédéric Guilbert (23 years old) is a man under surveillance. The right-hand side of the Stade Malherbe, which is under contract until 2021, is followed by several clubs, including Brighton in England, but also the RB Leipzig, which has been interested for several seasons in young French potential (this summer, the Montpellier defender Nordi Mukiele has thus joined the German club).
In case of departure, Caen is probably already his replacement since Jonathan Gradit, who lives in the same position, joined the club a few weeks ago

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Looks decent. Seems as though we are being linked with a whole bunch of players in the final days, and I imagine a lot of it will be rubbish.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm wondering whether it's another that we looked at early in the window, and now the window is nearly up, their agent is trying to generate interest.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just another name out of the 'lucky dip' of any old player that their agents seem fit to associate Albion or any other club with.
Either that or I'll eat my.............

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I think we really do need some extra quality at right back. In fact I would say that is the main area we should be looking to improve in the short term.

It would be a different story if Bruno could manage a 38 game season, but last season suggests this is unlikely. Other than a couple of decent games Schelotto has proved to be a bit of a liability defensively (Everton and Liverpool away examples of truly woeful positional play and awareness).

If we assume Bruno (still our most gifted footballer in my opinion) is only good for 20-25 games this year (hopefully more of course), relying on Schelotto at right back for a third of the season would be a concern for me. A good squad player and substitute when chasing a game, as he can get up and down - I’m just not convinced he has the defensive capability to cope with the league’s better wingers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Schelloto may be a trier but if we have to rely on him for a prolonged period we are in big trouble.

Dont write him off, admittedly he had defensive frilties away from home last season, but he was electric when going forward at the Amex. I'm confident the defensive part of his game will improve, and that he will come good.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We bought Ales Mateo and it was expected that he would compete with Bruno and Schelotto for the right back spot but he has left so perhaps this Guildbert will replace him and with Balogun offer cover/competition for that spot

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We bought Ales Mateo and it was expected that he would compete with Bruno and Schelotto for the right back spot but he has left so perhaps this Guildbert will replace him and with Balogun offer cover/competition for that spot

yeah but I think Mateju was more of a long term prospect whereas this guy has been playing in ligue 1 for a few years and probably wouldn't take kindly to playing in the under-23's next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
yeah but I think Mateju was more of a long term prospect whereas this guy has been playing in ligue 1 for a few years and probably wouldn't take kindly to playing in the under-23's next season.

Perhaps he offers more immediate cover/ competition. I think, but could be wrong, that Matejo was expected to progress quicker than he did taking into account he is older than Bissouma who we are all expecting much of.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Perhaps he offers more immediate cover/ competition. I think, but could be wrong, that Matejo was expected to progress quicker than he did taking into account he is older than Bissouma who we are all expecting much of.

Completely different situations. Both players are at completely different stages of development.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here