Page 1 of 34 123411 ... LastLast

Dan Burn - New Centre Back

0 Not allowed!
    If the Mail are to believed (and they’re generally not), we seem to have bid £3m for Wigan’s giant defender Dan Burn.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Burn-move.html

It seems that he is part of the cluster we are looking at and if we are not going to be held to ransom by Sheff Utd or Reading, this could be a smart move.

At 6”7, he towers above Duffy & Dunk and could be a good fill in for the former in terms of ability in the air.
    :guitar:

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      That seems a sensible price to pay for a 4th choice cover as opposed to what we have been rumoured to have been quoted for Moore and O Connell. He is 26 years old and had a career so far in the lower leagues so gained some experience only CH will have any idea on whether he will make the step up required.
      Last edited by BensGrandad; 05-08-2018 at 12:01.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That seems a sensible price to pay for a 4th choice cover as opposed to what we have been rumoured to have been quoted for Moore and O Connell.
      He also missed the first game of the season like Moore (although there seemed to be an injury doubt).
      :guitar:

0 Not allowed!
      Hasn't been rubbished by the Argus either...

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 2699
Size:  50.2 KB
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I would be concerned he could step up, but, TBF, if CH believes he can, then he probably can.

BG still fails to understand that we are not looking for a 4th choice CB, but rather a CB who can genuinely compete with our current CB’s... what a shock that is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by b.w.2. View Post
      I would be concerned he could step up, but, TBF, if CH believes he can, then he probably can.

BG still fails to understand that we are not looking for a 4th choice CB, but rather a CB who can genuinely compete with our current CB’s... what a shock that is!

That is the point I dont think that we are. I would suggest that at the right price we are looking for a player who can be 4th choice if needed or offer competition but AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Depends on what you can get for your money. ie. £10m+ either a competent player or one with potential to offer competition. At £3m a 4th choice cover for the next season or perhaps 2 as per Hunemier.

0 Not allowed!
      Not sure he’d pass a medical with a broken foot.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      Not sure he’d pass a medical with a broken foot.
      He would if 'Arry was in charge...….
      http://www.northstandchat.com/attach...3&d=1533463518
      Members

Dan Burn - New Centre Back Rumour

0 Not allowed!
      That is the point I dont think that we are. I would suggest that at the right price we are looking for a player who can be 4th choice if needed or offer competition but AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Depends on what you can get for your money. ie. £10m+ either a competent player or one with potential to offer competition. At £3m a 4th choice cover for the next season or perhaps 2 as per Hunemier.
      Actually I agree, I think we are looking for reliable cover.

Given Dunk and Duffy would cost £15m - £30m, unless it’s a free transfer like Balogun, no way will we spend the sort of money required to buy a first team ready CB who will displace either of the current first choice pair.

Edit - Reckon Moore will end up at Middlesbrough.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      That is the point I dont think that we are. I would suggest that at the right price we are looking for a player who can be 4th choice if needed or offer competition but AT THE RIGHT PRICE. Depends on what you can get for your money. ie. £10m+ either a competent player or one with potential to offer competition. At £3m a 4th choice cover for the next season or perhaps 2.
      No BG - you just don’t get it... there is a big difference between signing James Collins (your previous ridiculous suggestion) or Huth (who you stupidly suggested earlier in this thread), versus Moore or JOC or even Burn. Your suggestions would be a complete waste of wages, only adding another body to the squad and about as useful as a chocolate teapot. The players we have actually bid for (Moore), or at least shown an interest in (JOC, maybe Burn) would provide real competition, and would be able to contribute in a meaningful way if called upon to play for the first team.

In summary:
      You were wrong, and you are very much still wrong, and you really need to stop digging...

We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...