Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AK on fire

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Didn't get to the game but hearing that AK has looked good pre season. From the pictures, looks to have bulked up a bit. Maybe over his personal issues of last year? Perhaps responding to competition like Glenn appeared to do last season.

Can he keep the right wing spot?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
MOTM by a country mile last night, here’s hoping he carries that form into the league. No way can he be dropped for the Watford game imo. The other wing is up for grabs though.

Aged dramatically since the end of last season though :wink:

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Looked good in parts last night , haircut aside which made him look like Phillip Schofield, set up first goal, still gave away possession a few times, but looked very energetic

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
For me he spends too much time cutting back inside having already beaten his player. I'd like to see him operate on the left side with Ali on the right. Having a winger playing on the side to their preferred foot may mean some earlier crosses into the box before defenders have managed to get back into position.

A great game from him last night

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
You’re right he was on fire. Then they threw some paint on him to put it out.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I did not recognise him at first as he has dyed his hair blonde and he has really bulked out . He put loads of effort in and was our stand out player.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
For me he spends too much time cutting back inside having already beaten his player. I'd like to see him operate on the left side with Ali on the right. Having a winger playing on the side to their preferred foot may mean some earlier crosses into the box before defenders have managed to get back into position.

That's a good point that my brother made to me at the match. Aside from that small moan, he was brilliant.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014

It might mean, but there are plentiful reasons why we don’t play with proper wingers and it’s clear CH has no real interest in them except if a specific game develops in a way that requires them.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
MOTM by a country mile last night, here’s hoping he carries that form into the league. No way can he be dropped for the Watford game imo. The other wing is up for grabs though.

Yes - he surely almost first on the teamsheet for Watford. I would keen on dropping the inverted winger system for this match by having Ali J on the right and Knocky on the left (they can swap throughout the match) while Izquierdo gets up to full fitness and while March tries to find some form.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I wouldn't go overboard after last night, as I think the high defensive line adopted by Nantes gave far too much space for Knockaert to run into.

From an attacking viewpoint I would see Knockaert as being behind Jahanbakhsh, in the early stages of the season it will be Knockaert's defensive work and his understanding with Bruno that will probably give him the edge in starting, but once Jahanbakhsh fully understands CHs requirements, I believe he will be the main starter on the right.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For those that might have missed the latest news

DSCF2362.jpg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Not sure about on fire, his barnet looked like it had been covered in kitchen foil.

Fabulously funny!

On a more serious note it is interesting and exciting to note that both Knocky and Gross should hit the ground running this season....Gross has said '
“I can’t wait for the start of the season now – I feel like I’ve developed as player since I arrived here, I’m a better player than last season in my opinion.'

If Gross improves on last season and Knocky is there firing in the crosses with Ali J then the sky is the limit as to where we can go this season...

TNBA

TTF

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It might mean, but there are plentiful reasons why we don’t play with proper wingers and it’s clear CH has no real interest in them except if a specific game develops in a way that requires them.

I'd settle for them swapping around during the match to try something different, especially after we've had a corner and they find themselves in unusual territory.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Well he will have to be on top of his game if he wants to keep Alireza from taking his place. Almost certain he will start at Watford though as Alireza hasn't had enough minutes on the pitch to warrant a starting place just yet. Unless of course Chris decides to take the safety first option of playing another midfielder instead, Bissouma perhaps?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here