Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Have any League clubs had more home grounds than us?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have had the Goldstone, The Priestfield, Withdean and the Amex, anyone currently in the football league had more.

Any stattos know how many current league clubs have always played at the same home ground throughout their history?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We have had the Goldstone, The Priestfield, Withdean and the Amex, anyone currently in the football league had more.

Any stattos know how many current league clubs have always played at the same home ground throughout their history?

We've had six grounds: the club played at Dyke Road and the County Ground in their first season. moved into the Goldstone in their second year.

And I'm sure quite a few clubs had lots of different grounds in their early years

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We've had six grounds: the club played at Dyke Road and the County Ground in their first season. moved into the Goldstone in their second year.

And I'm sure quite a few clubs had lots of different grounds in their early years

Probably wasn’t too clear in my original post, I am more interested in home grounds whilst in the top four divisions rather than when they were pub teams and the like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Leeds United have only ever played at Elland Road. I'm not sure of any others.
There were a couple of others before Leeds. I think there was a Rugby team there, and then a different Leeds football team before Leeds utd.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not sure how many (proper) Wimbledon have had.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Didn't we use Brentford once ?

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
You've lost me. What happened and why don't I remember this?

It was a home game, against Brentford, In the Autoglass Trophy, or whatever it was called at the time. Cullip sent off and lost on a penalty shoot out.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Newport County have had at least four.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here