Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion facebook Pride binfest

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Reminds me of that famous scene in the crying game where your IRA man is about to munch on a lovely burger but a big old sausage pops out instead!

What a surprise they’ve had today!

Like him, our new foreign legion will be back once they have reconciled themselves with the situation (and 21st century Britain).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Point me to the thread about Greek, Turkish and bobby fans and I’ll post the same.

The point it, this is a thread about Iranian fans, and I posed a question with regards to the repugnant comments made on the Albion FB Page, of which a number look to me to be of Arabic, or Persian in origin. I didn’t hover over them to see they are in fact from all sorts of countries but not Iran, and I complimented you on the fact that you were able to ‘look’ at them, and identify that they weren’t Persian. I apologise for any offence caused to our Iranian friends, and anyone else who may have been offended by what I wrote. I don’t apologise to a single one of the people who have posted the vile comments, whatever country they are from.

:thumbsup: Fair play. Came across as snide to my mind. Sounds as if I'm mistaken in which case I retract the insinuation.
And I completely agree with your opinion of those cave-dwellers on social media.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Point me to the thread about Greek, Turkish and bobby fans and I’ll post the same.

The point it, this is a thread about Iranian fans, and I posed a question with regards to the repugnant comments made on the Albion FB Page, of which a number look to me to be of Arabic, or Persian in origin. I didn’t hover over them to see they are in fact from all sorts of countries but not Iran, and I complimented you on the fact that you were able to ‘look’ at them, and identify that they weren’t Persian. I apologise for any offence caused to our Iranian friends, and anyone else who may have been offended by what I wrote. I don’t apologise to a single one of the people who have posted the vile comments, whatever country they are from.

It’s not a thread about Iranian fans, it’s a thread about comments from homophobic fans, most of whom seem to be overseas.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It’s not a thread about Iranian fans, it’s a thread about comments from homophobic fans, most of whom seem to be overseas.

Sorry, I posted in the wrong thread.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Does not surprise me. There seems to be a section of very intolerant Brighton "fans", probably the pro-brexit lot who got bored and felt the need to spout some offensive stuff...no doubt they will be back to claim it is not offensive and just free speech and trott out the classic "some of my best friends are gay" line.

What a plank.. :FFSPuncheon

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
:thumbsup: Fair play. Came across as snide to my mind. Sounds as if I'm mistaken in which case I retract the insinuation.
And I completely agree with your opinion of those cave-dwellers on social media.

Out of interest, does hovering over the name give you their nationality or just their location?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Does not surprise me. There seems to be a section of very intolerant Brighton "fans", probably the pro-brexit lot who got bored and felt the need to spout some offensive stuff...no doubt they will be back to claim it is not offensive and just free speech and trott out the classic "some of my best friends are gay" line.

It's more likely to be Remainers. All bigotry, bile and intolerance comes from Remainers as they have a deep hatred of the disadvantaged working class people who voted for Brexit.

That's as accurate as your statement.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
There is a twitter feed about Tehran Pride......

https://mobile.twitter.com/sean_spicier/status/873697558425735168?lang=en

Who says the US don’t do irony........

I know it's meant to be a joke, but that image, showing a run down street, demonstrates the Republican agenda against Iran. First, that street is not in Iran, it's in the West Bank and was taken in 2003. Second, even if it was in Tehran, it's not representative of a city which is certainly a lot more modern than that and where there are many beautiful places.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It does make me chuckle. We get ourselves in a right old funkle because some knucklehead in the away end mentions he can see me holding hands with another chap. Go watch a match in Croatia or Dubai. It’ll turn your hair white! Foreigners are racist twats.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Good to see this getting plenty of cheers this morning 7E651714-7EFD-459A-AD7B-DEE6D38D03BF.jpeg

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It does make me chuckle. We get ourselves in a right old funkle because some knucklehead in the away end mentions he can see me holding hands with another chap. Go watch a match in Croatia or Dubai. It’ll turn your hair white! Foreigners are racist twats.

Your comments are similar to many leveled against leavers on the Brexit thread. Interesting.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It’s mostly Muslims. It’s against their faith. But the same people that protect gay rights will now try and protect Muslim rights. Odd.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Indeed, very strange behaviour.

PS most of this type also don’t believe in a God!

What rights do Muslims have that you don't have? Should people have the right to go onto a public forum and say they don't like gay people? Absolutely. You should, Muslims should, educated fleas should. Should that opinion be roundly condemned as homophobic gobbledegook? Absolutely.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house

Skipper,you’re talking out of your hoop,
Now people that used their democratic vote to leave the EU (and we are leaving,thank goodness)are not only racist but homophobic also?
Any more outrageous insults you would like to hurl at Me just because your panties are in a bunch?
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here