Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion facebook Pride binfest

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A total meltdown if the players were rainbow laces tonight.

Thankfully we live in a city that has an enlightened outlook on the world

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
****ing hell - the comments on the the new profile picture are amazing.

Looks like the new Iranian and Romanian fans have suddenly realised what the city of Brighton embodies...

It reminds me of the old Sacha Baron Cohen Bruno sketch where he got a load of American surfer types to scream 'PAAARRTTTYYY' into his camera and then announced 'that's right guys you are live on Austria GAY tv.' Needless to say they went beserk.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Still baffles me to this day why anyone would give a **** what someone elses sexuality is.

To care enough to load up facebook and tap out bunch of intolerant gibberish... mystifying.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
Does not surprise me. There seems to be a section of very intolerant Brighton "fans", probably the pro-brexit lot who got bored and felt the need to spout some offensive stuff...no doubt they will be back to claim it is not offensive and just free speech and trott out the classic "some of my best friends are gay" line.

not me pal as i have no freinds so that means no gay freinds to

Regards
DR

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Does not surprise me. There seems to be a section of very intolerant Brighton "fans", probably the pro-brexit lot who got bored and felt the need to spout some offensive stuff...no doubt they will be back to claim it is not offensive and just free speech and trott out the classic "some of my best friends are gay" line.

Actually all of the angry emojis and angry comments seem to be foreign names.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Being for brexit doesn't make you racist or homophobic. Labelling people with different political views as being racist or homophobic is actually a sign of your own intolerance.

& Before you tell me that you aren't intolerant and you don't think all pro-brexit people are like that, I've heard it before, it went something like this, "some of my best friends are for brexit"...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

What a ridiculous comment. Pretty offensive as well. Once again tarring 'pro Brexit lot'. Cheers. And if you took a moment to actually engage with the comments in question, you'd see that most of the names commenting are foreign.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

You've got issues :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
A bit of a clash of cultures, hopefully we'll be able to educate each other.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can't see any Persian names there (may have missed some)
All appears to be those in North Africa (notably Egypt), South Africa and South America and a few in Eastern Europe. Huge surprise.
Basically the places where religion is most prevalent.
Plenty of English 'dislikes' too.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

could you be any more ironic?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why? They do it and are allowed to get away with it. Why can't others?

So you are labelling a whole group of people, whose views on these issues you know nothing about, due to the fact that some people with different political views than your own, said some things you didn't like?

Has it not occurred to you that some of these pro Brexit people may actually be more reasonable than the ones spouting off on a message board and that some of them may also be gay, lesbian, transgender, etc etc etc?

You really haven't thought this out have you.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Yes, of course I know that. If it had been a story about a melenial and some food or somthing there would be a whole heap of people on here making the same exact offensive generlisations as I did above. So why is one ok and the other not? Is it just a clique thing? It is "cool" to abuse the younger generations and the "left".
No not really. I don't think it's cool to label a whole generation that way. I have to older teenage boys and although they aren't perfect, I have great respect for them, their ideas and their ambitions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here