Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory Britain: more signs of divided Britain

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
More and more poor people are now unable to afford gak.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...on-the-rise-in-richer-english-and-welsh-homes

“The statistics show that the use of cocaine in powder form among those in the richest bracket in the Home Office’s annual drug misuse report - households earning £50,000 a year or more - has increased from 2.2% in 2014/15 to 3.4% in 2017/18.

In the lowest income category, households earning less than £10,000 a year, the proportion who reported taking cocaine was down from 3.4% to 2% over the same period.”

How can Tory voters sleep at night?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With all that coke in our systems it’s tough to sleep

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know its the middle class left to proper up crime gangs in London, tragic....

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Maybe it’s medicinal. You know like, “ah sh*t, I’ve just voted for a party that has overseen a massive rise in poverty and dependency on food banks... and who have underfunded our public sector so badly that people like teachers are having to ask for donations to buy glue sticks... not to mention the Tory MPs cheering in the House of Commons just days after Grenfell when they won the vote to keep on repressing firefighters' wages...better snort this to make myself forget about all that and feel better”

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
More and more poor people are now unable to afford gak.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...on-the-rise-in-richer-english-and-welsh-homes

“The statistics show that the use of cocaine in powder form among those in the richest bracket in the Home Office’s annual drug misuse report - households earning £50,000 a year or more - has increased from 2.2% in 2014/15 to 3.4% in 2017/18.

In the lowest income category, households earning less than £10,000 a year, the proportion who reported taking cocaine was down from 3.4% to 2% over the same period.”

How can Tory voters sleep at night?

And Labour 1997-2010 did what exactly?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And Labour 1997-2010 did what exactly?

Allegedly caused the 2008 banking crisis and subsequent global meltdown by paying people benefits and providing council services.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Mr Tubthumper your political posts are boring

On 24 posts you’re obviously new to this. So here’s a tip, if you find me boring don’t open my threads. Better still, don’t open them and then post. It really is this simple.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The NHS can come to the rescue with opioids for those who can’t afford coke. Need to spend the £350m somewhere

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Because times are tough, the gear has been cut so much that by the time it reaches the less affluent buyer, they may as well have bought baby powder direct from Boots, and mixed it with crushed co-codamol tablets themselves.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can I ask why you post political threads?

Do you honestly think you will influence anyone?

Not really, no. But I like to initiate discussion and debate, which is why I, and I presume many others, start threads. You shouldn’t take this particular thread too seriously though; it’s part serious, part in jest.....the last sentence is the clue.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think Labour would have fixed Brexit to everyone’s satisfaction and we’d be sailing forward to Nirvana by now. With lower coke prices too.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Camra: more than half of UK adults struggle to afford to drink in pubs
https://www.theguardian.com/money/2...ggle-to-afford-to-drink-in-pubs-price-of-pint

More depressing news. It’s sad that the less well off can’t enjoy the simple pleasures of a couple of craft beers and a few lines down the pub these days. What are the Tories doing about this?

Round here, we have pubs, such like 'Moon on the Pond' etc.....
There's always people inside and out, drinking all through the day, so I'm guessing it could be benefit monies being spent?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here