Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Things to get upset about......

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mincing their words! Tell it like it is - she's Anne Lister the Fister, Lesbian Sister.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
A new BBC TV drama called Gentleman Jack, based on Lister's diaries, is in production and is due to be screened on BBC One in 2019.

Can’t wait for this......

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I thought it was another palace thread .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
does anyone else get confused how we are told not to mix up sexuality and gender, when the advocate groups conflate the two?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I must be getting old. Just the term "gender nonconformance" turns me all Daily Mail

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
It reads like a google translation of an Albanian football rumour.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I thought it was another palace thread .

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
She was proud to be a lesbian in a time when it meant you had to put up with all sorts of shit for that.

Gender non-conforming my arse.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Is it just me or is it not quite clear that she was a lesbian by the fact that she married another woman which is written on the plaque? Why does it need to be shouted out seperately?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am so angry about this, now where’s that petition? :smile:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
does anyone else get confused how we are told not to mix up sexuality and gender, when the advocate groups conflate the two?

There is a huge difference between gender and sexuality. Various advocate groups and the media seem to go out of the way to confuse rather than educate.

Confusion isn't helped by the seemingly endless drive by various campaign groups to "lump everyone" under the LGBTQ+ banner. As a Gay man I appreciate the struggles people with different Gender identity have, but I cant relate to them on a personal level. I don't know what most of it mean- Whats the difference between Gay and Queer let alone Gender fluid, non binary, transgender, which are l very different from gay, bi, lesbian. but in the general publics mind as they are all now grouped together confusion reigns.

Its important that gender issues are publicised and addressed, but personally I feel that the combining sexuality and gender together can be counter productive. Plenty of people have differing opinions than me, but a lot of my gay friends feel the same. It would be interesting to get a perspective from someone with a "differing gender identity"- hopefully someone will be brave enough to comment

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wish I could emigrate.

I really want to move 12,000 mile so I can trawl through the BBC's website in the hope of finding something to get upset about, therefore validating my reason for leaving in the first place.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I must be getting old. Just the term "gender nonconformance" turns me all Daily Mail

Same. It's plaque wording patently designed by a committee desperate not to provoke any kind of social media backlash. Still guaranteed to provoke some kind of snowflake overthink condemnation tho.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm trying really hard to give a rat's arse........

Nope. I'm pretty certain I do not give a shit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here