Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolo Vallocchia

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
"According to a report by Gianluca di Marzio, Brighton and Hove Albion are attempting to bring in youngster Nicolo Vallocchia after he was released from his contract at Cesena. The Italian report claims Cesena filed for bankruptcy, prompting several players to leave the club including their 16-year-old play-maker Vallocchia, who came through the club’s youth ranks. The Italian talent is a left-footed play-maker who seemingly could feature both through the middle and out wide. Signing him following Cesena’s money troubles could end up being a real coup for the south coast club."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/0...ake-advantage-of-cesena-bankruptcy-with-move/

Must say, it is really assuring to see the club have cast the scouting net so wide, and are planning for so far ahead in the future. Reckon if we keep it up, this setup can sustain us for along time to come. :rave:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
"According to a report by Gianluca di Marzio, Brighton and Hove Albion are attempting to bring in youngster Nicolo Vallocchia after he was released from his contract at Cesena. The Italian report claims Cesena filed for bankruptcy, prompting several players to leave the club including their 16-year-old play-maker Vallocchia, who came through the club’s youth ranks. The Italian talent is a left-footed play-maker who seemingly could feature both through the middle and out wide. Signing him following Cesena’s money troubles could end up being a real coup for the south coast club."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/0...ake-advantage-of-cesena-bankruptcy-with-move/

Must say, it is really assuring to see the club have cast the scouting net so wide, and are planning for so far ahead in the future. Reckon if we keep it up, this setup can sustain us for along time to come. :rave:

Circling like vultures rather than seagulls with this one it seems. If true I would hope we offer some compensation to Cesena even if we're not obliged to do so.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8549466 said:
Circling like vultures rather than seagulls with this one it seems. If true I would hope we offer some compensation to Cesena even if we're not obliged to do so.

I trust our board to do everything above board and ethically. It's the way we do things

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
I wonder whether getting our first team recruitment done so early releases resources for this sort of recruitment? Hope so!

Potentially, though the club will have extensively scouted and monitored the young players, so I think there always would have been a plan in place to sign them, regardless of the first team activities. Though i reckon you are right, and having 99% of the first team recruitment done gives way for ample time for CH and Rusk to run the rule over potential prospects.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I'm not sure how scouting fees work, but I would imagine a small retainer paid annually would give access to all the reports from a scout in a local area. £1m in retainer fees spread across the globe would give access to info on a lot of talent such as this kid.

It only takes one to make the grade every 5 years to make this a worthwhile endeavour. Chelsea have been hoovering up talent from around Europe like this for years.

Could this kid be the one that repays the investment in our academy in the future?

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Hugo Keto (mentioned in that report) I was aware of joining us, but Joe Tomlinson? Anybody?

Name in home country: Joseph Tomlinson
Date of Birth: Jun 9, 2000
Nationality: England England
Position: Defender
Current club: Brighton & Hove Albion U23 Brighton & Hove Albion U23
Contract until: 30.06.2019

He's the young defender we signed from Yeovil

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Excellent news if happens. Under 23's looking good ahead of the season at a whole different level.

Actually we've done very little business at U23 level and most of the starters last season have gone on loan/been sold/are trying their luck in the first team. I expect it to take a little while for the U23 season to get rolling, it's not the same all-conquering group.

This would be anothersigning for the U18s, who it must be said have been very busy indeed this summer.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Needs to play v Watford, or else there's no point to the academy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Name in home country: Joseph Tomlinson
Date of Birth: Jun 9, 2000
Nationality: England England
Position: Defender
Current club: Brighton & Hove Albion U23 Brighton & Hove Albion U23
Contract until: 30.06.2019

He's the young defender we signed from Yeovil

Cheers gentlemen - I missed/forgot about that. I'll try harder to keep up!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Actually we've done very little business at U23 level and most of the starters last season have gone on loan/been sold/are trying their luck in the first team. I expect it to take a little while for the U23 season to get rolling, it's not the same all-conquering group.

This would be anothersigning for the U18s, who it must be said have been very busy indeed this summer.

Probably, but not necessarily.

If they are good enough, and physically up to it, some pretty much skip the U18s altogether. Molumby was almost immediately considered an U23 (at 17), and only played FA Youth Cup matches for his 'proper' age group. Connolly much the same (but at 16).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Did we sign that Kerbed Alloys bloke we were after? I seem to remember a thread on him. Serbian isn't he?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Did we sign that Kerbed Alloys bloke we were after? I seem to remember a thread on him. Serbian isn't he?

Last year I had a lovely holiday in a little village just outside Bouma Sarr.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here