Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Nantes Friendly (03.08.18)

persian_pooya

Jul 23, 2018
Atlanta, GA, USA
Game: Brighton & Hove Albion Vs Nantes
Venue: The Amex, Brighton & Hove
Date: Friday 03 August 2018
Local Time: 19:45​

I did not see a match thread created for the friendly against Nantes tomorrow so I figured I'd create one. Looking at how Brighton lined-up in their last two friendlies against Birmingham City and Nice respectively how do we figure the team will line up against Nantes tomorrow?

A crowd of about 12,000 is also expected to be at the match:
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/august/bumper-crowd-for-nantes-friendly/

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

I did not see a match thread created for the friendly against Nantes tomorrow so I figured I'd create one. Looking at how Brighton lined-up in their last two friendlies against Birmingham City and Nice respectively how do we figure the team will line up against Nantes tomorrow?

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/august/bumper-crowd-for-nantes-friendly/

Greetings Atlanta expect Ali Reza to start I do...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Not a bad effort! But, please take a bit of advice as a newbie - do not, I repeat NOT, under any circumstances try to start a match day thread when we start playing proper matches! That role is sacrosanct!

As for the team, who knows? I expect it will be very close to the team that will start at Watford, but will also be very similar to the team that ended last season. I don't expect many of the new signings to start - one or two at most, I would guess.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Something like this I expect

......................... Ryan .........................

Bruno ..... Dunk ..... Duffy .... Bernardo

........... Stephens ... Bissouma ............

Knockaert ........ Gross ...........Izquierdo

........................ Murray ........................

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8549590 said:

Is the team I would start with

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8549590 said:

And your 2nd half/ 60th minute team?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Do you think perhaps Hughton won't put out his starting 11 as to not show his hand? and maybe there are still a couple spots for grabs in the starting 11.
Hughton is usually VERY cautious with any new players and takes an age to bed them in. It would surprise me if Alireza got much game time in the next month, but let's see. I agree with Bensgrandad, he'll most likely start with the team he intends to play at Watford. @Zamora's shout is a good one for the line-up.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Hughton is usually VERY cautious with any new players and takes an age to bed them in. It would surprise me if Alireza got much game time in the next month, but let's see. I agree with Bensgrandad, he'll most likely start with the team he intends to play at Watford. @Zamora's shout is a good one for the line-up.

That's a myth; in last season's opener we started with 5 new players: Ryan, Suttner, Gross, Propper and Brown.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's a myth; in last season's opener we started with 5 new players: Ryan, Suttner, Gross, Proper and Brown.

But they, unlike Alireza, had been with us for most if not all pre-season. They were also match-fit, unlike Jahanbakhsh who has admitted he's off the pace.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
Not a bad effort! But, please take a bit of advice as a newbie - do not, I repeat NOT, under any circumstances try to start a match day thread when we start playing proper matches! That role is sacrosanct!

As for the team, who knows? I expect it will be very close to the team that will start at Watford, but will also be very similar to the team that ended last season. I don't expect many of the new signings to start - one or two at most, I would guess.
I disagree, I think all the main new signings will start, then be replaced with tried and tested options later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Why would you play Alireza ahead of AK?

I'd definitely like to see AK start the season to see if he can kick on from where he finished last season! Looked like he had the potential to make it in the Prem at the end of last season ...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s this one!

............................. Ryan ...........................

Bruno ......... Dunk ..... Duffy ........ Bernardo

Knockaert...Stephens...Pröpper....Izquierdo

............................ Groß ...............................

.......................... Andone ............................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here