Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Can you share with me...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fecking hate modern business speak in most forms but emails asking me “if I can share” information instead of just saying “Can you tell me...” drives me mad and it’s getting more and more common.

Am I unreasonable in thinking you must be a “fecking twat” every time I get one?

My previous Bete Noir was “ I thought I’d reach out to you about...” but “sharing” pisses me of more.

Rant over

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Reaching out is way worse than sharing. But sharing should be reserved for group sharing of information. Sharing with one colleague is just telling them something.

My twatty ops director has decided we don’t have power cuts anymore, we now have power outages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Thanks for sharing.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I fecking hate modern business speak in most forms but emails asking me “if I can share” information instead of just saying “Can you tell me...” drives me mad and it’s getting more and more common.

Am I unreasonable in thinking you must be a “fecking ****” every time I get one?

My previous Bete Noir was “ I thought I’d reach out to you about...” but “sharing” pisses me of more.

Rant over

Bell cheeses at work. The thread for this, and more, irritation in the work place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reaching out is way worse than sharing. But sharing should be reserved for group sharing of information. Sharing with one colleague is just telling them something.

My twatty ops director has decided we don’t have power cuts anymore, we now have power outages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any email work related that tells me to reach out is normally deleted

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Any email work related that tells me to reach out is normally deleted

Right thing to do. Occasionally I reply telling people to stop using such an idiotic phrase, did so only last Monday in fact but normally I just delete as you do.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Am I unreasonable in thinking you must be a “fecking ****” every time I get one?

Rant over

Amen to all this. It is THEM, not US that’s the problem here :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Attachment-1.png

I actually printed this off and pinned it on the wall in our office. Bellcheesery ? Well, I think not.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That disturbs me greatly as the text "Is it acceptable for me to use the term 'reach out' in the workplace?" hasn't been centre-justified, and what is worse than that, I can't edit your post / image and correct it.

Yes - that makes me a Bell Cheese. :down:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last time I did reach out with a work email was for procurement assistance from someone in Poland whilst re-negotiating a contract. Apart from attending every conference call and saying Hello and Goodbye they were like a broken pencil - pointless

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That disturbs me greatly as the text "Is it acceptable for me to use the term 'reach out' in the workplace?" hasn't been centre-justified, and what is worse than that, I can't edit your post / image and correct it.

Yes - that makes me a Bell Cheese. :down:

Hey, I didn't create it. I'm just putting it out there.

Is there an OCD thread ? Shit, I'd be all over that.

Am I unreasonable in thinking you must be a “fecking twat” every time I get one?

Rant over

U OK Hun?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Rant over
Tend to agree with you, but we have to accept that language moves on. Probably old boys in Shakespeare's day muttered oaths about young people saying 'Do you?' instead of 'Dost thou?' - the world was coming to an end then too I guess!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
People are paid actual money to think up this shit.

"moving into this/that space" is irritating me at the moment.

Maybe i should reach out to and connect with the culprit........ with my fist :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here