Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Freddie Mills the Boxer.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Caught the BBC4 programme last night and a good insight into crime and London Policing in the sixties,suicide seems unlikely ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Very good programme although at the end I got the feeling that wanna be old time gangster Roger Huntman who suggested that Meyer Lansky had something to do with the murder, just wanted to be on TV, Charlie big bollox now, but he was a nothing back in the day. I find it highly unlikely Lansky had anything to do with Mills never mind the murder, Huntman just wanted his 5 minutes of fame....

Man could you get bigger collars, I thought he was gonna propel up in to the air when he got up from his chesterfield chair.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Very good programme although at the end I got the feeling that wanna be old time gangster Roger Huntman who suggested that Meyer Lansky had something to do with the murder, just wanted to be on TV, Charlie big bollox now, but he was a nothing back in the day. I find it highly unlikely Lansky had anything to do with Mills never mind the murder, Huntman just wanted his 5 minutes of fame....

Man could you get bigger collars, I thought he was gonna propel up in to the air when he got up from his chesterfield chair.

It was an inconclusive ending.

With 5 minutes left, not just the Huntman, but the feel of the programme and that of the 'experts' all made it seem that Huntman snr,/Lansky were behind an arranged slaying. Finally some closure.

Then, the prog left the door open, that that version was improbable.

Separately, the one definite bullshitter (to sell books) was the old author, who claimed Mills was "Jack the Stripper", a serial killer. It was obviously bollocks, and painful for Mills's family.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Separately, the one definite bullshitter (to sell books) was the old author, who claimed Mills was "Jack the Stripper", a serial killer. It was obviously bollocks, and painful for Mills's family.

Quite why they needed to have him on I don't know other than to see the retired cop demolish his argument with the facts. I thought it was an excellent doc but could have done with a bit more robust editing. Much as I enjoy other people's home movies, I don't need to see the same clips half a dozen times in the space of 90 minutes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Quite why they needed to have him on I don't know other than to see the retired cop demolish his argument with the facts. I thought it was an excellent doc but could have done with a bit more robust editing. Much as I enjoy other people's home movies, I don't need to see the same clips half a dozen times in the space of 90 minutes.

They promoted a liar's book. Even the author could now see the flaws in his work of fiction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here