Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Documemt redaction -any experience of power nuance software?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Has anyone used Power Nuance software for redacting information on either Word or PDF files?

Was it easy to use and crucially a significant upgrade from the non tech approach of printing off all documents, searching and redacting with black redacting pen and then just rescanning into a PDF file?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Has anyone used Power Nuance software for redacting information on either Word or PDF files?

Was it easy to use and crucially a significant upgrade from the non tech approach of printing off all documents, searching and redacting with black redacting pen and then just rescanning into a PDF file?

Very easy. Carry out multiple redactions on a single file - renders each redaction with a red outlined box making it easy to view the marked up version before committing to the final redacted version.

I often have to redact client information for files submitted to external auditors or contractors who aren’t authorised to view restricted information. This works very well, much much quicker than printing and redacting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thanks that's really helpful. One quick question? When you convert a Word document to a PDF file which of the these is the better option and what's the differences in the files created. Method 1 is simply choosing file Save As from within Word and selecting from the drop down ' PDF as opposed the normal '.doc '. Method 2 choosing Print option and selecting 'PDF creator ' instead of obviously an actual printer. Please note I only have access to the basic Adobe reader.

Thanks for any tips

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here