Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Meyer to sign for Palace

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Max Mayer is set to join Palace on a FREE transfer. Very good business if they can get the best out of him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ah! The German Wilshire - “However in April, Meyer publicly criticised sporting director Christian Heidel and was left out of training for the rest of the season”

Looks like exactly the sort of character that turns up at Selhurst. Great fit - well done Palace. [emoji120]

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’ve heard lots about this kids attitude. Apparently a complete trouble maker and poison in he dressing room. The Bromley chairman told my mate this. Said he’d fit in well at the franchise as team spirit is at an all time low. Benteke gets it ripped out of him in training as his wages per goal last season were millions of £s! Apparently Cabaye ditched palace to move to a bigger club abroad because he’s never seen a dressing room like it. Throw in to this their star player is gutted they won’t let him move again, like he tried last year and it’s a pretty messy place. My mate who knows this insider said Meyer would be a disaster!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You can't blame them for being excited at the prospect of signing a young player tipped for big things that has some decent credentials, but if he is as good as he is meant to be, why hasn't a top club, or even a middling Europa League club gone in for him? He made it clear he was leaving on a free in April and hasn't had a club since the end of June.

Apparently his dispute with Schalke was over wages. While I doubt the £170k a week is true, it's fair to say he'd have to be on roughly what Dibbly and the lump are to sign for them- 120k.

For reference, Christian Eriksen is widely believed to be on 75k a week :ffsparr:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I’ve heard lots about this kids attitude. Apparently a complete trouble maker and poison in he dressing room. The Bromley chairman told my mate this. Said he’d fit in well at the franchise as team spirit is at an all time low. Benteke gets it ripped out of him in training as his wages per goal last season were millions of £s! Apparently Cabaye ditched palace to move to a bigger club abroad because he’s never seen a dressing room like it. Throw in to this their star player is gutted they won’t let him move again, like he tried last year and it’s a pretty messy place. My mate who knows this insider said Meyer would be a disaster!

So not only does the Bromley chairman have intimate knowledge of Palace's finances. He also has knowledge of a German player, playing in Germany. He knows what happens on the training ground and everything else it would seem. I'm surprised he has time to know anything about Bromley, considering he spends his time finding out about us and telling people who then tell Sheebo :lol:

Just admit it. You read stuff and then try and pass it off as inside knowledge and if that fails you just make it up.

Still cannot get over the fact that the Bromley chairman mentioned this even before he was linked to us. Then again non league chairmen obviously are kept in the loop on players in the Bundesliga :cry:

Last edited:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Apparently his dispute with Schalke was over wages. While I doubt the £170k a week is true, it's fair to say he'd have to be on roughly what Dibbly and the lump are

Probably. If he can live up to some of his potential though we will make that back either in his performances or his fee when we sell him.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
So not only does the Bromley chairman have intimate knowledge of Palace's finances.

Increasingly renowned as "shaky-at-best"

He also has knowledge of a German player, playing in Germany.

EXCLUSIVE: Somebody who likes football in "Knows A Bit About Football In Another Country" shocker

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Maybe it’s my bias but I’m not getting a good feeling about Meyer. Leaves Schalke after telling a national newspaper the club was bullying him, and is rumoured to have been given a wage between 85-170k? I suppose Palace fans can be happy that they’ve had at least one interesting signing this window.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We really ought to know by now how this will pan out.

palace, the gift that keeps on giving, will make a complete pigs ear of this transfer, they'll get him, he'll be a bad as we all hope, it'll be hilarious, but Max will score against us.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
LFC and Chelsea turned him down at 220Ek a week, he was being touted all over Europe and palace bit .....
Great talent, but not sure he had a great season last year. They must have won Euromillions...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ahhh you see this makes sense now, after the report by The Mirror and the sad predicament some loyal die in the wool Palace fans find themselves in, that they are likely to be unemployed partly due to the get rich quick doing nothing attitude sweeping Croydon.
Crystal Palace finally feel they need to connect with the supporters and reach out to this unemployed young lad and pay him an unrealistic wage, to prove the dream can be achieved.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Ahhh you see this makes sense now, after the report by The Mirror and the sad predicament some loyal die in the wool Palace fans find themselves in, that they are likely to be unemployed partly due to the get rich quick doing nothing attitude sweeping Croydon.
Crystal Palace finally feel they need to connect with the supporters and reach out to this unemployed young lad and pay him an unrealistic wage, to prove the dream can be achieved.

Will he be wearing a hoodie in his on the pitch signing picture, to connect with the ultras?

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
LFC and Chelsea turned him down at 220Ek a week, he was being touted all over Europe and palace bit .....
Great talent, but not sure he had a great season last year. They must have won Euromillions...

His salary’s rising all the time .

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Schalke play in Gelsenkirchen - widely described as a German Croydon.

Sadly for Meyer, that's where the similarities end, so I hope he wasn't sold on the "English Gelsenkirchen" ticket. Schalke's stadium is fantastic and always full regardless of the division that club is in. Has he actually been shown round Selhurst Park yet?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here