Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Parking outside your home is a privilege!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
According to a report in the (yes I know), in the Daily Mail.
Police in Swansea warn feuding neighbours,,that parking outside your own house is it a privilege.
Well I'm glad we've got our own private parking space, as round our way parking is a premium.

Parking fueds!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
According to a report in the (yes I know), in the Daily Mail.
Police in Swansea warn feuding neighbours,,that parking outside your own house is it a privilege.
Well I'm glad we've got our own private parking space, as round our way parking is a premium.

Parking fueds!

Family opposite us usually have 7 vehicles parked up.......

-husbands car
-wife’s car
-son’s car
-son’s work transit
-son’s girlfriends car
-daughter’s car
-daughter’s boyfriends car

3 or 4 on the drive, the rest on the road. Used to be 8 but dad no longer has a company long wheelbase delivery van !

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Well tbh it is. If you live in a built up conurbation and want a car then usually there just aren't enough spaces to go round. Living in a row of Georgian terraces houses in W.London, you've got bugger all chance of guaranteeing to park in your street, let alone outside your house. Simply too many cars, too many households with big cars, too many households with more than one car. Add on the amount of commuters around it's just one of those things you have to learn to accept.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Family opposite us usually have 7 vehicles parked up.......

-husbands car
-wife’s car
-son’s car
-son’s work transit
-son’s girlfriends car
-daughter’s car
-daughter’s boyfriends car

3 or 4 on the drive, the rest on the road. Used to be 8 but dad no longer has a company long wheelbase delivery van !

Not quite so bad near us, one family has four cars, one on drive and other three on side road!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
yes it is. you buy (or rent) a house, doesn't extend to a stretch of public road outside.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Crikey, I've got 7 cars myself. All parked off road though thankfully.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
One on the drive, one in the garage. Think we're fortunate to be able to afford such luxuries. All our neighbours have drives/garages but some of them insist on parking on the road making it tight getting up/down.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Live on Shoreham Beach. People park anywhere here, blocking my drive, on grass verges etc.. all to save a quid in the car park.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Live on Shoreham Beach. People park anywhere here, blocking my drive, on grass verges etc.. all to save a quid in the car park.

What's your address again ?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I have a small drive just big enough for a Fiat 500 , i'm bolloxed i'm buying one of those so i shall remain car less until i can afford a smart car convertible , roll on 2050

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The same people that get silly over moving there cars about at all hours to get there vehicles outside Home are also the idiots who get up on holiday early to snare the sunbeds, twats.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
From last year, but this is how a bloke from Liverpool decided to deal with a car lawfully parked outside his house

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4912398/Man-wraps-car-parked-outside-house-clingfilm.html

The father in law when he drove, used to jump up and move his car whenever the space outside his home became vacant. In his mind the space outside his home was effectively his.

Madness

I think I would quite like my car wrapped to keep the bird shit off. He should have bought bird seed and put that on the roof.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Anybody who lives in a city with decent public transport and clogs up the roads out of vanity,rather than need,deserves all the agro they get and more.Probably the ones bleating on here about 'carbon footprint' and 'environmental concerns' will have at least one gas-guzzler without good reason.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here