Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Horrible Incident Southwick Green

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Right next to me office. Awful. Hope they catch the b@stard but most importantly that the young lady recovers from it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Right next to me office. Awful. Hope they catch the b@stard but most importantly that the young lady recovers from it.

Unfortunately I can't see how any women can recover from it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Castrate all rapists then jail them for 25 years with no parole.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Unfortunately I can't see how any women can recover from it.

Obviously everybody is different but Mrs W was raped when she was in her early 20s. She's put it behind her thanks to family and counselling. Whether that is 'recovering' I wouldn't like to say.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Obviously everybody is different but Mrs W was raped when she was in her early 20s. She's put it behind her thanks to family and counselling. Whether that is 'recovering' I wouldn't like to say.

I'm sorry to hear that, but you're right with counselling and love they can perhaps "recover" but from my experience of a friend of mine it's the guilt she felt, that's the hardest obstacle for her to overcome.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm sorry to hear that, but you're right with counselling and love they can perhaps "recover" but from my experience of a friend of mine it's the guilt she felt, that's the hardest obstacle for her to overcome.

I echo your comments, As a man I struggle with why some women feel guilty and ashamed when such horrible attacks take place. Everyone is different and have different coping mechanisms, the wife had a very unfortunate incident when she was a teenager in Detroit in a taxi involving a knife and was lucky to escape with her life, we spoke about it once and never have since then, she copes with it her way and occasionally there is some strong man hating in her language when she sees something that enrages her, but I think she is entitled to feel as such, but she has never felt guilty and why should women feel guilty.

I think there is a freighting statics out there somewhere almost a third of women have been abused, shocking just shocking.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think there is a freighting statics out there somewhere almost a third of women have been abused, shocking just shocking.

I read the story about the young lady who got slapped by the prick in Paris, and on the side-bar of the BBC news site, there was a link to a report that said 12% of French women had been raped at some point. 1 in EIGHT women. I found that statistic incredible. Incredibly sad, and incredibly troubling, but most of all just incredible.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I read the story about the young lady who got slapped by the prick in Paris, and on the side-bar of the BBC news site, there was a link to a report that said 12% of French women had been raped at some point. 1 in EIGHT women. I found that statistic incredible. Incredibly sad, and incredibly troubling, but most of all just incredible.

it is incredible and shameful I have had three long term relationships since I was a teenager including my marriage and can confirm all three have been abused or raped before I knew them, and at young ages. This makes me fear for my daughter so much, but lets not forget that men can be sexually abused and raped of which I have some first hand knowledge of (thankfully not raped, low level if you can all it that abuse) from a young age in care in Worthing. Probably thinking about it that is why I had an understanding with my partners in the past.

Sad fecking world out there....

1 in 5 Sexually assaulted

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...crime-survey-england-wales-ons-police-figures

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely! But I would not walk home by myself at 2am. Just sayin.

Just sayin? Women should have the freedom to walk by themselves at any time of the day or night. It's almost like you are saying she asked for it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Women can blame themselves even when they are not to blame. Society can be part of that, even on this thread.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
Just sayin? Women should have the freedom to walk by themselves at any time of the day or night. It's almost like you are saying she asked for it.

I am most certainly not saying that she asked for it!

Tell me, are you / would you be happy for your wife, daughter, granddaughter to walk home by themselves at 2am?

When my daughter goes out with her friends, they arrange for a known taxi service to take them home and arrange it so that nobody is left alone, by themselves in the taxi at the end of the drop offs. They call it being sensible.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
stupid comment
No it's not. It's poorly worded but it's true.

Sadly, it's a risk for a young lady to be walking alone in the early hours. Doesn't make it her fault, it's a shocking thing to happen, but had she got a taxi there's certainly less risk.

While obviously the crime is much more horrendous, you wouldn't go to Barcelona with your bag open and phone hanging out of your back pocket would you?

Still, an awful thing to happen round here and let's hope they get the **** that did it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Tell me, are you / would you be happy for your wife, daughter, granddaughter to walk home by themselves at 2am?

When my daughter goes out with her friends, they arrange for a known taxi service to take them home and arrange it so that nobody is left alone, by themselves in the taxi at the end of the drop offs. They call it being sensible.

Friend of mine got attacked a month or so back in London.

She wanted to go home and her friends didn't so she decided to head for the tube on her own at about 3am. Some bloke trapped her against a wall but was chased off by a bunch of lads.

Should she have been walking on her own at that time of night? Perhaps not. More importantly is that she should have been alright to walk on her own.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Where do we stand on men here? Should men be allowed to walk home at 2am, or should they also be told to get taxis for fear of being raped?

It's those bloody burglary victims that get me, with their nice houses, with windows and doors. If they all boarded their windows and doors up, they'd never have to worry about somebody breaking into their houses and stealing all that's important to them.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I don't have a wife, I have a husband. Think about it.

Yes, I take care, and try to organise lifts, etc, but what happens if I'm driving and my car breaks down. I'm on my own and have to walk or wait for the RAC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here