Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Buying tickets online

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I have a season ticket, I'm not used to buying Albion tickets online. I must say that I'm a bit shocked to discover that you can't purchase tickets outside office hours and must wait till 9.00 to be allocated a place in the queue.

That's the sort of thing that happened in the 90s, it seems strange in 2018 not to be able buy tickets at any time - that's really something that the club should fix.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's only on "release" days to stop folks trying to jump the queue. If there weren't a load of away tickets available today there wouldn't be the queue system in place.

Unless you're on a wind-up?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As I have a season ticket, I'm not used to buying Albion tickets online. I must say that I'm a bit shocked to discover that you can't purchase tickets outside office hours and must wait till 9.00 to be allocated a place in the queue.

That's the sort of thing that happened in the 90s, it seems strange in 2018 not to be able buy tickets at any time - that's really something that the club should fix.

As others have said, this only happens when there is a ticket 'event' for purchasing tickets with loyalty point bands.

At all other times you can buy a ticket at anytime.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's because the 2nd tier for Southampton away is going on site at 9.

That's only on "release" days to stop folks trying to jump the queue. If there weren't a load of away tickets available today there wouldn't be the queue system in place.

Unless you're on a wind-up?

But I don't want tickets for Southampton. I was after tickets for Nantes, which have been on sale for weeks (I wasn't going to go but just discovered a mate's going). Why not have a queuing system in place for Southampton rather than the whole site?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
But I don't want tickets for Southampton. I was after tickets for Nantes, which have been on sale for weeks (I wasn't going to go but just discovered a mate's going). Why not have a queuing system in place for Southampton rather than the whole site?

Just wait and get them later ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Imagine if you'd gone to the actual ticket office this morning to buy tickets, they'd be a queue of folks wanting the away tickets available today. It's the same as that online. You just picked the wrong moment to try to buy tickets. Wait 30 minutes and it'll all be fine.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And how would that work.

Its no different than getting tickets for the Royal Albert Hall, the O2.... If a heavy demand event goes on sale at 9am or 10am there will be a queuing system regardless of if you want that event or not.

Chill out Nantes won't be sold out and to make you happy why not wait until 3am tomorrow to log back in to get your ticket outside office hours

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Imagine if you'd gone to the actual ticket office this morning to buy tickets, they'd be a queue of folks wanting the away tickets available today. It's the same as that online. You just picked the wrong moment to try to buy tickets. Wait 30 minutes and it'll all be fine.

Yeah, I'll do it this afternoon, I'm busy for the rest of the morning. I was just a bit shocked to see a queuing system in place as I'd not bought tickets online before.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
Yeah, I'll do it this afternoon, I'm busy for the rest of the morning. I was just a bit shocked to see a queuing system in place as I'd not bought tickets online before.

Welcome to our world fella - enjoy the Nantes game

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I've just phoned as was having payment problems on the website buying Southampton tickets.

Took me less than a minute to get through and was off the phone in 2 minutes, was surprisingly quick.

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
Yes, you can buy tickets online out of office hours.
The "wait for a place in the queue" system only kicks in when coming up to the 9 o'clock release of the next ticket window. (Half an hour to an hour beforehand, maybe?) I signed in fine just before 8am this morning.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

The queuing system also includes other people in the system. The software doesn't just apply to BHA, which is why there are sometimes thousands of people in the queue.
You just picked a bad day/time to want to buy tickets. I bought our Nantes tickets at 7.30pm yesterday evening, and had no problems at all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here