Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Barber: Above and beyond.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
A few weeks ago I was asked to give an opinion on t’radio about something to do with the Albion. I contacted PB by email for clarification on the issue to ensure got the facts right & mentioned in passing I was off to Canada (researching the 2026 World Cup), would be spending some time in Vancouver, where he was previously CEO of the Whitecaps, and did he have any tips for the area.

He was perfectly entitled to ignore my witterings as busy with multimillion pound transfer dealings, but in true PB style gave me a comprehensive list of places to see and visit, best ways to see the city and so on.

Yet further evidence of what a great club we have, even in the elevated company in which the club now competes. No airs and graces as always.

So a big :bowdown: to PB and the Albion.

p.s. Whitecaps Alphonso Davies is going to be one hell of a player. Only 17 but looks superb, absolutely ran the game I saw him play, has been snapped up by Bayern for $17 million.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Reading the thread title, I thought he'd released an album.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The lengths Barber-out will go to just to write an extra 10,000 words.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Barber's Travel Agents.

I'm off to Lisbon during the September international break, I'll see if Paul has any tips :lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No wonder he's had no time to sort the loyalty points out. Just as long as you enjoyed your trip though...

#BarberOut

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If I was planning a trip I'd consult an established publication rather than emailing the CEO of a provincial football club.

#BarberTimeOut

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Reading the thread title, I thought he'd released an album.

A seminal classic. Out in time for Christmas...

BarberCD.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Legend.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A few weeks ago I was asked to give an opinion on t’radio about something to do with the Albion. I contacted PB by email for clarification on the issue to ensure got the facts right & mentioned in passing I was off to Canada (researching the 2026 World Cup), would be spending some time in Vancouver, where he was previously CEO of the Whitecaps, and did he have any tips for the area.

He was perfectly entitled to ignore my witterings as busy with multimillion pound transfer dealings, but in true PB style gave me a comprehensive list of places to see and visit, best ways to see the city and so on.

Yet further evidence of what a great club we have, even in the elevated company in which the club now competes. No airs and graces as always.

p.s. Whitecaps Alphonso Davies is going to be one hell of a player. Only 17 but looks superb, absolutely ran the game I saw him play, has been snapped up by Bayern for $17 million.

A seminal classic. Out in time for Christmas...

View attachment 99320

I'm jesting with this mock-up of course, but back in April, we'd been exchanging emails about - of all things - single-use plastic at the Amex. About an hour later, he emailed me back (he was in the US at the time) to offer his condolences to my family as he'd got wind of the fact that my father had passed away that week.

He didn't have to, but the sincerity was there and, even when he is so busy, it was much appreciated that he could take a moment to offer those condolences.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm jesting with this mock-up of course, but back in April, we'd been exchanging emails about - of all things - single-use plastic at the Amex. About an hour later, he emailed me back (he was in the US at the time) to offer his condolences to my family as he'd got wind of the fact that my father had passed away that week.

He didn't have to, but the sincerity was there and, even when he is so busy, it was much appreciated that he could take a moment to offer those condolences.

That’s a really nice thing to do, he’s a good hearted man and we’re lucky to have him as our CEO

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I’m off to Vancouver at the end of August so feel free to share!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here