Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle, Brighton pushing to sign West Brom's Ahmed Hegazi - sources

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unlikely for HGP reasons?

"Hegazi, who was one of West Brom's shining lights this season despite their relegation, has a release clause in the region of £10 million in his contract at the Hawthorns, sources said.

The news has alerted Hegazi's suitors, who are ready to trigger the release clause as they look to land the Egyptian for a bargain fee before the close of the transfer window."

More >>> https://es.pn/2uZgTBe

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Jesus Christ, I pray this is wrong. He is absolutely terrible, one of the single worst players at the Amex last season and he has absolutely no business whatsoever playing in the Premier League or being spoken about costing £10million. He is a dreadful Sebastian Bassong - I really hope he goes to Newcastle and follows in their long tradition of dogshit centre backs.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Jesus Christ, I pray this is wrong. He is absolutely terrible, one of the single worst players at the Amex last season and he has absolutely no business whatsoever playing in the Premier League or being spoken about costing £10million. He is a dreadful Sebastian Bassong - I really hope he goes to Newcastle and follows in their long tradition of dogshit centre backs.

Like Jamaal Lascelles ?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This feels like the sort of cliche deal that lazy rumour mill writers come up with - promoted teams/lower prem teams in their second/third season picking the carcass of relegated teams (see also, coming season's promotion hopefuls signing cast-offs from last season's promoted teams).

We don't be involved in those sorts of deals. We look for players abroad, even when we do look at England-based players, they tend to be like Moore who aren't at a recently relegated club that is subject to the attentions of a lot of people. (Jason Steele being the exception that proves the rule, even then, that is from the rarity of a doubly relegated team, and is likely 3rd choice keeper?).

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Like Jamaal Lascelles ?

Jean-Alain Boumsong, Sebastian Bassong, Cacapa, Tits Bramble.

Legends of the game and comfortably among the worst centre backs to play in the Premier League. If Newcastle want Hegazi, they can have him. He is a rubbish Adam El-Abd and his only asset is being Egyptian so people don't realise how rubbish he is. Newcastle are also linked with Salomon Rondon, looks like they're targeting relegation this season if both this and that story are correct.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Unlikely for HGP reasons?

"Hegazi, who was one of West Brom's shining lights this season despite their relegation, has a release clause in the region of £10 million in his contract at the Hawthorns, sources said.

The news has alerted Hegazi's suitors, who are ready to trigger the release clause as they look to land the Egyptian for a bargain fee before the close of the transfer window."

More >>> https://es.pn/2uZgTBe
HGP can be easily resolved by moving Suttner out of the squad.

It is a real luxury having a 3rd choice leftback who is non-HGP.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
ESPN may be working with Hegazi's agent, or with WBA to bump up the price? ESPN have variously covered the "moves" by Wolves, West Ham and Spurs this summer, with Liverpool and Leicester in the window before that.

If he has a relegation clause of £10M the price won't be bumped up. It'll be £10M, unless two clubs are silly enough to get into a bidding war.

I'd rather go for Pouraliganji on a free anyway.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I am not a big fan of Hegazi either but Seb Bassong was a decent player.

I would hate this to be true, quite simply because I wouldn't like the club to do business with West Brom following their attitude in the Gaetan Bong / Jay Rodriguez event

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Interestingly, a lot of WBA fans I’ve spoken to think he was one of their best players last year and one of the only reasons they weren’t relegated sooner. He had a much better season than players like Evans.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here