Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] When is Jahanbakhsh actually available?

BhafcBlues

Mar 7, 2016
Brighton
Is Jahanbakhsh available for Watford Away, read he may be absent with Iran?
Sorry if it’s already been touched on, debating him for my fantasy team

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I wonder if, like me, you quickly read the Argus headline and misinterpreted?

'Record buy Ali to miss part of first season with Albion'

I was dismayed, as like you, thought he was away for the first part of the season.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Completely misleading headline in the Argus, sensationalising something most people clued on to when we were first linked with him again this summer. Slow news day, I guess...

freak

Jul 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
This Asian Cup is a potential royal pain in the arse for us though - Ryan & Ali both going for potentially a month. Well done FIFA, spot on as always.

And Carlos Queiroz released his plans for the Asian Cup today. They include the following:

- 2 friendlies on September 6 and 11
- training camp October 5-17
- 2 friendlies October 8 and 11
- training camp and friendly November 15-20
- training camp and friendly December 20-23
- friendly game sometime between December 29 and January 2

The competition begins January 5, 2019. Of course, I don't expect AJ and other European-based players to be called up to all of the training camps but it should be noted that the federation, fans, and CQ are talking about winning the tournament for the first time since 1976. Here is a little bit of trivia: Iran won the Asian Cup in 1968, 1972, and 1976, and made it to its first World Cup finals in 1978. Its best finish since then has been third-place finishes in 1980, 1988, 1996, and 2004.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wonder if, like me, you quickly read the Argus headline and misinterpreted?

'Record buy Ali to miss part of first season with Albion'

I was dismayed, as like you, thought he was away for the first part of the season.

Yes, if you only read the headline you could be mistaken for thinking he had picked up a long term injury in training.

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
And Carlos Queiroz released his plans for the Asian Cup today. They include the following:

- 2 friendlies on September 6 and 11
- training camp October 5-17
- 2 friendlies October 8 and 11
- training camp and friendly November 15-20
- training camp and friendly December 20-23
- friendly game sometime between December 29 and January 2

The competition begins January 5, 2019. Of course, I don't expect AJ and other European-based players to be called up to all of the training camps but it should be noted that the federation, fans, and CQ are talking about winning the tournament for the first time since 1976. Here is a little bit of trivia: Iran won the Asian Cup in 1968, 1972, and 1976, and made it to its first World Cup finals in 1978. Its best finish since then has been third-place finishes in 1980, 1988, 1996, and 2004.

The training camps and friendlies are during FIFA International Breaks when there are no league or cup matches for us.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This. He hasn't even kicked a ball for us yet, Watford will come too soon. Knocky can relax for now.

I think Knocky will get the chance anyhow to finish where he left off against Man United at the tail end of last year leaving their defenders with drafts in their ears

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here