• Jahanbakhsh

Votes: 30 30.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Taking both as right wingers, who would you start with at Watford?

"Knockaert to Brighton – one of the more community-focused clubs in England – represents more than just a player of the club, but that status looks to be challenged throughout 2018/19 as they look to establish themselves as a bona fide Premier League force.

Unless Hughton dramatically alters his approach and system, Jahanbakhsh will be the man on the right flank for Brighton against Watford on August 11 and unless he spectacularly fails, it’s going to take some work from Knockaert to get back into the side."

Full comparison >>> https://whisp.rs/2vfIz4d

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Don't know yet.
Let's see if Ali gets some game time tomorrow or Friday first.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One newbie will start, and unless it's an attrictional 0-0, 4 will finish.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Knocky as he's fit to play and Alireza probably isn't and it simply isn't Hughton's way to not give Knocky the chance to keep his place. He was on fire at the end of the season and probably had his best game of the season against Man Utd.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Knocky.

He has the shirt as he finished last season off well.

I think Ali J will be equally adept in Groß’ role so he’ll have to wait for Cup games or loss of form/injury to Messers Groß & Knocky to get a start.

That said, I suspect he’ll get his debut as a sub in our first game.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Our most creative player under CH or the most expensive signing who hasn't yet played.

Exciting times

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't get away from these two factors:

1. Watford is one of the 5 or 6 away games we should have a chance of winning.
2. Our away form last season was woeful and if you go into the match with the same team you should expect the same outcome.

I feel as though one of Bissouma or Ali J have to start this match.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Knockaert, barring injury. Everything we know about CH tells us that AK will have the chance to keep the shirt, whether Jahanbakhsh is up to full fitness or not (and it's unlikely that he will be).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I think Knocky should play ahead of Jahanbakhsh (only slightly though), as IMO, I think he owes Watford a good skinning, given that tackle last season from Bistro, whatever his name is!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

2. Our away form last season was woeful and if you go into the match with the same team you should expect the same outcome.

I feel as though one of Bissouma or Ali J have to start this match.

Your second point is a good one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I'll hazard a guess the calendar had as much to do with the draw at Vicarage Road as the players.
Keep everything the same, even allow Watford 11 players, but move the game to April and we may well have won.

Which is why I can't see CH starting these early games with wholesale team changes, unless forced upon him.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
AK needs to hit the ground running this season so I think CH will give him the start and opportunity to keep his place but his performances in most of last season’s starts (last 4-5 games apart) persuaded CH that another option on the right was vital. I’d been inclined to try AK on left in last two friendlies

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I expect it will be Knockaert starting at Watford. Jahanbakhsh is already behing on fitness, won't have had as much time training with the squad and won't be as well drilled as Hughton will want with his defensive duties. I fully expect Jahanbakhsh to be eased into the starting 11 in a similar way to Jose last season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ali has yet to play even a friendly and openly admits he's way behind fitness-wise.
It will be Knocky.

This. And....CH never introduces a new player (unless he HAS to) for weeks.....

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here