Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Still the land of haves and have nots.

0B812223-F4BB-4BD3-88C1-72386AD7D849.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said before American Express appears to represent excellent value if the alternative is a load of Chinese script for a gambling site.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If those numbers are correct, our deal looks utterly shithouse.

However, it may be the case that if you're not one of the big names, don't have a Far Eastern owner who wants to peddle his Far Eastern wares and don't want to go down the gambling route, then earnings are far reduced.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As said before American Express appears to represent excellent value if the alternative is a load of Chinese script for a gambling site.
Yep. Happy to have a shirt sponsor that is A: Not a gambling website, B: Real money rather than an FFP dodge from the owners and C: Not Angry Birds on the sleeve.

Unlike most teams, we do not look like twats.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
If those numbers are correct, our deal looks utterly shithouse.

However, it may be the case that if you're not one of the big names, don't have a Far Eastern owner who wants to peddle his Far Eastern wares and don't want to go down the gambling route, then earnings are far reduced.

Aren't we tied in for x number of years? However, I'm glad it's not some awful gambling site.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
I’m dubious about the figures TBH. Given it’s tied in with stadium naming rights perhaps the figures are distorted?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Aren't we tied in for x number of years? However, I'm glad it's not some awful gambling site.

Probably, but there's no way on earth we'd not have included a "If we get promoted to the Premier League" clause.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
But the Amex relationship is very long term and multidimensional and includes much more than shirt sponsorship. We could dig but I’m sure the true value of the partnership will remain undisclosed

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I would rather we had Amex and not some gambling company. I'm glad that Bloom would not be involved in anything as distasteful as that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably, but there's no way on earth we'd not have included a "If we get promoted to the Premier League" clause.

I doubt we had a 'we're 20th in the Championship and staring down the barrel of relegation' clause, and AMEX were still sponsoring the club, probably considerably more than our rivals for relegation.

Oh and thanks to the poster who originally made that point.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I would rather we had Amex and not some gambling company. I'm glad that Bloom would not be involved in anything as distasteful as that.
Most gambling companies deal in hoovering up money from the poor and stupid. If you know anything about what Bloom does then you'd get that it's totally and completely different. Probably difficult for you to grasp though, or maybe it was just another cheap and incorrect shot.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Personally, I'd like to see gambling companies prohibited from shirt sponsorship, much like booze and fag companies.

What about loan companies and credit card ones? Where do you draw the line ? I don't have a problem with it

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Quite like Amex as a Brand. Something rather familiar and gentlemanly about, must be because of old Alan and his ads.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here