You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Disgusting behaviour.Very poor excuse for a man,unless mentally ill.Hope he gets caught quickly.Benalla only likes himself and le President.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I must confess to being a tad disappointed that the cafe customer who picked up the chair didn't batter the assailant with it.

Funny, that was my reaction on watching that particular part of the footage too. When I saw him pick up the chair I thought, "here we go - swift retribution about to be administered." And then he did ....pecisely nothing :shrug:

Still, I guess he is French...?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Far more shocking was that no one went to see if the woman was ok.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I read that article earlier. The bloke had been stalking her for a quite a while. The cafe owner gave her the cctv as evidence.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Funny, that was my reaction on watching that particular part of the footage too. When I saw him pick up the chair I thought, "here we go - swift retribution about to be administered." And then he did ....pecisely nothing :shrug:

It did look like a heavy chair to be honest.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't help but think that had that been in most places in England he'd have (rightly) got a proper pasting. Probably just from the women who were there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Careful! What it does show is that these days, whatever country you’re in, people generally don’t get involved. You tube is full of assaults where others pretend not to see, is it any violent criminals feel they can do what they want and when coupled with police forces telling victims of crime not to resist. We need to 180 degree change of tact, the official advice ought to become ‘if you see or become a victim of crime, BATTER the assailant as a matter of public duty until said person can’t move before calling police. Do not worry if you kill, the law is on your side’....Unfortunately you could be forgiven for wondering which side our legal system is designed to protect today.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Can't help but think that had that been in most places in England he'd have (rightly) got a proper pasting. Probably just from the women who were there.

Very difficult. I’ve witnessed situation like this outside a pub in London but the woman rushed to defend her boyfriend when other blokes tried to intervene before getting into his Ferrari and driving off. Some women just love a wrong un, remember all the bad boys were dating whilst the ‘nice’ ones were still picking up copies of Zapp 64?! :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Careful! What it does show is that these days, whatever country you’re in, people generally don’t get involved. You tube is full of assaults where others pretend not to see, is it any violent criminals feel they can do what they want and when coupled with police forces telling victims of crime not to resist. We need to 180 degree change of tact, the official advice ought to become ‘if you see or become a victim of crime, BATTER the assailant as a matter of public duty until said person can’t move before calling police. Do not worry if you kill, the law is on your side’....Unfortunately you could be forgiven for wondering which side our legal system is designed to protect today.

This.

We like to think we’d be a hero but a combination of shock, it’s all over so quickly and fear that the attacker has a weapon, 95% of the time lead to no intervention. Unfortunately.

Last edited:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Far more shocking was that no one went to see if the woman was ok.

It really was shocking, didn’t reflect well the on Parisians at all.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This.

We like to think we’d be a hero but a combination of shock, it’s all over so quickly and fear that the attacker has a weapon, 95% of the time lead to no intervention. Unfortunately.

Very true. In my dreams, I round kick the assailant into the nearest rubbish bin whilst the damsal faints at my sheer bravery. In reality, I get taken out by a well executed Chinese burn...and get handed a victim of crime pamphlet :(

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Careful! What it does show is that these days, whatever country you’re in, people generally don’t get involved.

That's not the case in France though. If you see someone being assaulted then bystanders have a legal duty to intervene or can nebe charged with non-assistance à personne en danger. I imagine a magistrate may be looking at this to see whether anyone could have intervened or whether it happened too quickly.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I must confess to being a tad disappointed that the cafe customer who picked up the chair didn't batter the assailant with it. Opportunity missed there.
Just been watching this. I reckon I'd have punched the bloke. Honestly.
The thing is, if you (he) did that, you could be (successfully) prosecuted.

You wouldn't have been defending yourself - you wouldn't have been protecting anyone else, as he was now walking away from the lady. If you'd done serious damage to him you'd be in serious trouble.

Annoying I know, the guy deserved to be decked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here