Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The nerdy football shirt collection thread

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Being a grotty, rainy Sunday I decided to sort out my football shirt collection. I decided on 4 piles - Brighton home, Brighton away, International teams and club teams. Anyone else a collector?

IMG-7679.jpg

IMG-7681.jpg

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I've sold my collection ten years ago which was a big mistake as they are worth much more now. I mainly collected late 80's 90's kits I loved the Adidas kits of that time. I have a real urge to start my collection again but the problem is now there are just so many fakes and the Chinese have started making good retro fakes. I find it hard to get hold of retro Albion kits these days people just don't want to sell them.

DenzBoor

Jul 24, 2018
well seeing how expensive shirts are I actually only have 4, bought my 4th right before the Sweden - Korea game in the World Cup (Swedish 2018 WC jersey that is) and its my favorite its just flawless.

Also have the Euro 2012 Sweden shirt

as well as an old school Real Madrid - Raul shirt

Also a shirt from when Kaka used to play for AC Milan

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Not a collector but I do have a Valencia orange away shirt the year Vicente won la liga!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I have a few :)

9143B74C-ABC7-4C9C-B12E-BD52268301B2.jpeg
That’s about half of them.

As it happens, I’m in the process of downsizing as it turns out I have rather a lot of duplicates, clears space for more though :)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I still have a shirt for you! Which storage bags do you use?

I bought some of the garment bags that new shirts arrive in when you buy them, loads of eBay sellers do them. Only thing is, I’ve found on a few of my shirts the plastic of the bags has stuck to the heatpressed transfers on the shirts, so at the moment I’m in the process of rescuing the ones at risk and moving over to garment rails instead. Not as neat, but needs must. FWIW it seems to be the Errea Brighton shirts from between 2005-2010 that are affected, fingers crossed I’ve only lost a couple, and other brands and other eras don’t seem to be suffering.

126a93133311c341c629ec62b5b8412e.jpg

Jakeg

Feb 7, 2016
Have about 100 different Albion shirts and about 35/40 different Dutch shirts (I’m half Dutch). Also have also acquired various signed shirts over the years from icons such as Nicky Forster, Inesta, Adam Virgo, Cruyff, Bobby z, Zidane, Stuart Storer and Gazza.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Really want the pink gk kit with the rainbow sleeves from a few years back if you have a spare ;)

Sadly not as a spare. I did just sell one of the pink Palookaville goalies shirts to a chap in Australia as it happens.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I bought some of the garment bags that new shirts arrive in when you buy them, loads of eBay sellers do them. Only thing is, I’ve found on a few of my shirts the plastic of the bags has stuck to the heatpressed transfers on the shirts, so at the moment I’m in the process of rescuing the ones at risk and moving over to garment rails instead. Not as neat, but needs must. FWIW it seems to be the Errea Brighton shirts from between 2005-2010 that are affected, fingers crossed I’ve only lost a couple, and other brands and other eras don’t seem to be suffering.

126a93133311c341c629ec62b5b8412e.jpg

I think hanging rails are indeed the way to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here